Ouch

39andfat
39andfat Posts: 144 Member
Hurt my back at gym Friday. Need few days break from working out but worried will lose focus.

Replies

• Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 600 Member
    edited February 2018
    Sorry this happened to you. Back pain can be frustrating. Walk, gentle yoga, swimming. Focus on those for the next few days, track them, and treat them as seriously as your more intense gym workouts. This will help you keep focus. If you don’t feel better in 3-4 days, DO see your doctor. Also look into how the injury happened (was it your form, too much weight lifted, an underlying issue?) so you don’t do it again.
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Same. Last week I wasn't mindful of form. This week I'm taking it easy.
  • 39andfat
    @Mithridites I don't know as didn't feel pain till the next day.
  • 39andfat
    Gonna have hot tub and sauna tomorrow night instead of gym session
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,079 Member
    39andfat wrote: »
    Gonna have hot tub and sauna tomorrow night instead of gym session

That's a good idea for keeping focus -- keep using the gym time for something related to rehab or light exercise that doesn't stress your back and, as @Mithridites said, treat whatever you do during that time as seriously as your regular workouts.
  • 39andfat
    As long as I stick to diet I'll be okay. Will go back to gym Thursday if I feel okay. I feel better than I did yesterday and can turn over in bed with agony now.
  • betty_veronica4
    betty_veronica4 Posts: 196 Member
    So sorry for your injury. I hope you find relief soon.
  • StevefromMichigan
    StevefromMichigan Posts: 462 Member
    39andfat wrote: »
    As long as I stick to diet I'll be okay. Will go back to gym Thursday if I feel okay. I feel better than I did yesterday and can turn over in bed with agony now.

Resting and focusing on diet is what I typically do when these pains pop up. Give it a few days. Most of the time, these things go away on their own, but see a doctor if it lasts more than a few days/week.