waking up early to workout?

Options
2»

Replies

• snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I don't, mostly because that would involve me getting up at like 12pm? Plus I prefer to run outside so daylight is a plus in that aspect.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I actually have a solution that worked pretty well for me a few years back.

I divided the contents of a can of my favorite every drink into 4-5 little screw-top mini bottles (they were those 1 or 2 oz little water bottles that you fill with water and freeze to keep packed lunches cool) I kept them in the fridge and every night before bed I put one on my nightstand next to the alarm clock. When the alarm went off in the morning I drank the mini bottle, and laid back down. Ten minutes later the caffeine would kick in, and I couldn't go back to sleep even if I tried. Then I'd get up, go for a run, and start my day on a good note.
  • doug_pierce
    Options
    My trick is sleeping with a night light. Falling asleep with one may take a little getting used to. But it makes getting up when the alarm goes off a lot easier.
  • prdavies1949
    prdavies1949 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    At the moment here in France it is pushing 80 deg by 09:00 so I have no choice but to get my *kitten* out of bed and go for my run early. I will be up and running soon after 06:00 I have a great alarm system if I don't get up she kicks me.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I go to bed between 9-10pm and I wake up (myself) between 5:00-5:20am. I dunno, I might be the odd one out, but I always feel suuuuuper energized for my morning walk. Like, I seriously cannot wait to go do it. I go to bed thinking about my morning walk. I guess I'm just super motivated :)
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Most of my workouts are in the evening, the exception being when I run. I run three days a week - two days before work and once on the weekend. The two days before work I set my alarm for 5:15, hit snooze once or twice, then get up and try to be on the road by 5:45 after feeding the cats, pulling on the clothes that I've also set out the night before, drinking some water, etc. I like to run in the mornings because it's cooler and the roads have less traffic. Beyond that my primary motivation is both of those weekdays I see my trainer in the evening and while a couple times I've done training & my run back-to-back, I like to break them up - otherwise whichever workout is second I start losing energy about halfway through and I don't feel like I'm giving it enough effort.
  • spottedkathy
    spottedkathy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I get up between 330 and 4 am. I can motivated by the scale. I have a small goal each week for the scale and until I meet that I need to workout daily. This week I met it on Thursday I don't have to work out Friday-Sunday just stay under calorie goal.
  • sub10orbust
    sub10orbust Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    morninig workouts are the best
  • migueltavares
    Options
    I wake up 8.30am, I like it because if you wake up early you feel more energetic and you can be more productive.
    Therefore after lunch I can do whatever I have to do.
  • heatherrose9
    heatherrose9 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Sleep in your workout clothes....have an automatic coffee pot brewing just prior to your alarm...go to bed early. ..

Make sure you want to do it! I can only workout if I do it first thing in the am but I know thats not for everyone!