Broken toe/post op recovery.

Options
I had surgery 1/15 and was cleared for light cardio last week. Of COURSE, I broke my toe the DAY BEFORE clearance. I'm going to see my doctor his week but since I can move it, I've been buddy taping it and icing it. In the meantime, do you think the elliptical would be okay? Or the stationary bike? I'm so tired of not exercising, I worked out right up until the night before my surgery and I'm ready to rock. Core exercises are completely off limits due to the nature of the procedure BUT I AM able to resume light resistance training this week so I know that's something.

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    It's only a few more days, why risk it based on random internet advice?
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    The doc has the bottom line, but I can say that when I had surgery on my big toe, the first leg exercise I could do was the elliptical. (But I swam almost immediately once the incision was healed.) I still had to wait several weeks.
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I've had a couple broken toes. I would say that if you can do the elliptical without pain then it's ok. Broken toe is more of a nuisance than anything else as long as your keep it taped and protected.