Unsure

Options
I feel a little bit desperate asking for friends. I mite just learn to navigate my way around here first and see what happens. Is it usually the norm in here to put up a post and ask for friends or, is it all about supporting one another? Either way I'm not too fussed. Enjoying the message boards and all the information provided. I can see myself sticking around for a very long time. Highlight so far is every ones sense of humor. After all laughing is a good work out for the core and the soul. Happy to be here.

Have a good day or, depending where you live, a good night people. :):):)

Replies

• Frankie_Fan
    Frankie_Fan Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    It's up to you! I've got some family and friends on my profile and comment here on the message boards.
    You can also lost in the following thread, lots of people looking for friends. :)
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1467607/post-here-if-you-want-more-friends/p1
  • Frankie_Fan
    Frankie_Fan Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Lots of great information here, welcome!!!
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,008 Member
    Options
    Do whatever works for you. Lots of people put up posts asking for friends -- it's probably helpful if you say something about yourself, or your goals, or what you're looking for from friends (some people want friends in the same geographic area; some people want friends with a similiar amount of weight to lose; some people want friends with a similar WOE -- way of eating -- like keto or vegan).

But you don't have to do that. You can send people friend requests when you come across them on the boards and they seem like a good fit. You can check out the "adopt a noob" thread if you're looking for someone to offer advice.

And there's no rule saying you have to have formal MFP friends at all. I've never had huge numbers of friends, and I've gone for periods where I didn't have any. I'm happy to help anybody who asks, whether through a direct message or on the forums, but I don't really have a cheerleader personality to keep posting to people's threads.