Rest Period - What are your experiences?

Options
I am only maintaining weight over past 6 weeks which was not my goal. I try to lose 1 pd per week or a half pound each week and it has stayed off..lost.. gone forever is my goal.. not looking backwards.

I log daily, do my workouts & follow my nutrition plan with results being BF% loss (2.5), Inches off (2.5) and I now have a 6 week plateau weight range of 152-155 pounds with alot of fluid retention this summer. I am 58, female, work our hard 4x week, moderate 2x, light day 1x do yoga or walk or a full rest day with stretching.

So now that I’m off for 5 days I think I’ll try to reset my body by a rest period. I will walk but not hard, stretch, and swim in the lake and just chill and rest alot. I’ll eat well but enjoy my time away.

Has anyone had success resetting their bodies or moving from a plateau with a rest period like this?

Replies

• Elektrolyfe
    Elektrolyfe Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Coming from a lifting perspective, rest periods are good for your body once in a while, I typically "deload" 1 week every 6 weeks to give my body a break from heavy weights and volume.

During the deload week I will typically lift with 75% of my normal weight while simultaneously reducing volume.

I always get stronger when I resume my normal routine.