Slight curved spine.

Options
Hey guys and girls. As the title says, I have a slight curve in my spine. It isn't noticeable by simply looking at me but if you were to look at my bare back you'd be able to see it. As I'm 6ft 5, it only really hinders me if I need to bend down for a prolonged time, I'm just curious if anyone else here has an issue similar and how they deal with it when it comes to exercise.
Thanks in advance!

Replies

• timeforwork
    timeforwork Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Mine is also curved , can't remember exact details as it was looked at 20 years ago by the professionals and I was only 13 at the time so didn't pay attention, I can bend forward and back ok and round to my left but can't go to the right. I was given gentle stretching exercises to help but basically told don't do anything that hurts but gentle regular stretching will help. I don't even think about it when I exercise now if I can do it comftable I will if not I'll stop. May be worth getting referred to chiropractor to see if they can help at all and to advise of anything you need to be carful of x
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,070 Member
    Options
    I have a slight curve, it was noticed when I was 15 after a whiplash injury, not found that it interferes at all with any exercise.
  • lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I have severe scoliosis, last mri suggested I shouldn't even be able to walk wo assistance, but I do. Always always ask dr first regarding exercise. What works for me is physical therapy, a lot of pilates style stretching foam rolling and resistance bands. I'm recovering from torn hammy but I can still walk 5 miles, 8ish when in having a good day. Takes a lot of trial and error with what will work for you, best of luck!
  • Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Scoliosis condition of world champion powerlifter and IPF Hall of Fame member Lamar Gant.

Amazing huh? The human body is very capable if given the necessary time to adapt.

t597q8c1lvuv.jpg

ee7yj6opndre.jpg

• BeccaLoves2lift
    BeccaLoves2lift Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I have slight scoliosis, I just make sure to use proper body mechanics when lifting/exercising and I haven't had a problem.