Advertising

Options
I have been a member of mfp for five days now and I have loved every minute of it! The people are amazing, the tools are amazing, as a whole I just find this place...well...amazing. I have a bone to pick with the person in charge of selling adveritsing space on the site though. Everyday, for the past five days, when I have logged in there has been a food ad in the banner at the top of the page. Oh and its not like a healthy recipe site ad or something like that. Oh no its cupcakes and doughnuts and ice cream! Why would they do that?!?!?!? Sabotage! Oh I am on to you mfp advertising person and I am staying strong!

Replies

• simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    The ads here make me chuckle. They're very much on point too. If you start a thread about a certain food - eg. Shiritake Noodles, you'll see ads for that item. I ignore them most of the time.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I think it looks at cookies and stuff on your computer to see whats relavent to you and does ads based on that.

I was looking at best buy.com earlier and now I getting TV and phone ads..
  • simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I think it looks at cookies and stuff on your computer to see whats relavent to you and does ads based on that.

I was looking at best buy.com earlier and now I getting TV and phone ads..

Never thought of that...makes perfect sense.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Dang was looking at car stuff now getting nissan ads
  • BrandiPants
    BrandiPants Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Well I guess I better go google carrot sticks and brussel sprouts then!
  • goal30Lori
    goal30Lori Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    If you use Firefox then you can install an add-on called ad-blocker. I've never even seen an ad on this site! (I realize that ads are how we keep this site free though...)
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    I have the add blocker... its definitely the way to go!
  • Stewie316
    Stewie316 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Everyday I see donut ads and it looks like Krispy Kreme. I love Krispy Kreme :(