Exhausted mommy!

Hi I'm mommy of 2 kids and I'm busy everyday working 8 hours chief and mom full time and exhausted... I need motivation please help!!!!! Thanks

Replies

• amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,267 Member
    I don't know that I can offer any sort of motivation but I can tell you that you are NOT alone! I work 40 hours a week outside the house, then I am the Momma and wife at home who does it all. Give yourself some slack and remember that you've got to take care of you too.
    I get up at 5 a.m. every other day (at the moment- hoping for more as soon as my son is sleeping better) and I make sure I get some kind of exercise and some "me time". It helps me clear my head and get ready for what lies ahead. I'm usually done before the rest of the house is awake.
    My motivation is to get this post baby weight off my body and get back into some of my pre-preg clothes. My in laws have also bought a lake house so I'd like to feel comfortable in a bathing suit this summer b/c I know we'll be hanging out there a lot.
  • fowlkes59
    fowlkes59 Posts: 6 Member
    Use your lunch hour to do the things that make you feel better. Most people lose energy around lunch time. Find a gym close to work that you can exercise for 15 minutes or better yet go outside and walk for 15 minutes or take a nap. It works. You should feel destressed. Put all of your stress and anger in that workout. I did this when I was working because that was the only time I had to myself.
  • hud54014
    hud54014 Posts: 3,777 Member
    I know how you feel. I did the single mom, working full time life for years. It was not easy, but I found ways to make it easier on myself.

I got into planning big time. I planned all our activities a month ahead of time including meals. I used Sunday evenings to do a bunch of food prep, so that I could get dinner on the table in less than 20 minutes. Friday nights, I would cut myself a break by ordering in and renting a movie, which was the perfect time for taking care of the laundry. I also got hanging sweater organizers and used them to get a week of the kids outfits ready so all they had to do was grab a day and be done with it.

I also agree with what the poster above said about lunch time. Use it to your benefit. If you can, try to find a walking buddy. It's a great way to recharge and vent if needed.

It also helped a lot to do a happy hour once or twice a month. Although it didn't support my weight loss goals, it did help my overall emotional health, which I believe is equally as important.