Elimination diet and FODMAP

Options
size102b
size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
Hi I’ve chronic ibs d I live in the uk and have been diagnosed 8 years ago but had it 23 years

I had 3 periods it disappeared once for 5 years not sure why as I wasn’t doing anything different.

Atm it’s harsh I can’t go far can’t travel bits effecting my moods and ruling my life

So I have looked into elimination and FODMAP but I still need to lose 40 lbs I’ve lost 52lbs

Will it be hard to do this and count calories people say don’t do both ?

Replies

• Fitness_and_FODMAP
    Fitness_and_FODMAP Posts: 72 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Hi, I feel you completely ... I have been counting calories since November 2012 (my old account got deleted, so had to start all over again last May) but to be completely honest I am a lifter, so my biggest concern is Macros, not really calories, but that is where MFP comes into it - I log EVERYTHING and mark foods that are High FODMAP with my signature (H) so I know what & how much FODMAP I'm consuming every day; you'll see that I go over my calorie allowance most days, but my macros should be a bit closer to their goals and targets, as I'm here for accountability and Body Fat Percentage loss, not really weight loss.

I have sent you a friend request and my diary is open, so you can have a look at it if you want to see how I eat, as I've been on my version of the modified FODMAP diet since August 2017 (I started on elimination in October 2016) and have quite extensive knowledge of what I can & can't eat safely and in what quantities.

I work full time nights, so my posting/reply times may seem a bit odd, if you do accept my friend request ... I'm also suffering with my IBS terrible at the moment, but I think it's the night shift that's doing it, as I only went onto them 5 weeks ago, and I've not really had a good gut since starting on nights.
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Hi, I feel you completely ... I have been counting calories since November 2012 (my old account got deleted, so had to start all over again last May) but to be completely honest I am a lifter, so my biggest concern is Macros, not really calories, but that is where MFP comes into it - I log EVERYTHING and mark foods that are High FODMAP with my signature (H) so I know what & how much FODMAP I'm consuming every day; you'll see that I go over my calorie allowance most days, but my macros should be a bit closer to their goals and targets, as I'm here for accountability and Body Fat Percentage loss, not really weight loss.

I have sent you a friend request and my diary is open, so you can have a look at it if you want to see how I eat, as I've been on my version of the modified FODMAP diet since August 2017 (I started on elimination in October 2016) and have quite extensive knowledge of what I can & can't eat safely and in what quantities.

I work full time nights, so my posting/reply times may seem a bit odd, if you do accept my friend request ... I'm also suffering with my IBS terrible at the moment, but I think it's the night shift that's doing it, as I only went onto them 5 weeks ago, and I've not really had a good gut since starting on nights.

Thankyou I had accepted it would help

I’m sorry your ibs is bad atm it’s so exhausting isn’t it - mines a cycle of stress eating then ibs kicks off most times
    My cat had to be put to sleep 2 days ago I though he had a tooth infection he had mouth cancer had him 11 years and we are trying to build a house which the neighbours have abused threatened and harassed us and our builders I need to take control of my eating and work out what’s causing these chronic ibs symptons

Thanks again :)
  • Fitness_and_FODMAP
    Fitness_and_FODMAP Posts: 72 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Oh bless you, you sound like you're going through it right now ... Thank you for accepting the friend request, I hope we can support one another through the tough times and maybe even give each other some food tips.

Take care ❤️