The scale won’t budge

Options
So I am entering my 5th week of clean eating-no candy, chips, fast food, bread or pasta yet I have only lost 2 pounds. The other two were due to having my cycle when I started. I am doing 30 minutes of cardio plus half hour of weights. I have 30 pounds to lose. What am I doing wrong? I am months from turning 50. Ugh pass me a cheeseburger with fries.

Replies

• aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    mviubrfmbv97.jpg
  • GetFit4Life2018
    GetFit4Life2018 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Get some fitness friends to communicate with on a daily basis. Encouragement helps. It does take time. I was eyeballing calories and boy was I wrong! I stopped going out to eat because you wouldn't believe the huge calories that are hidden and you may be unaware of consuming. You think you're ordering healthy and then look up the calorie count on the restaurant website. UGH. Don't give up or you'll be finding yourself starting all over again down the road. Hang in there, it will move eventually. Not everyone is the same in their weight loss. I've gone through similar bouts. Feel free to friend me. Although, I do require friends to encourage me too. :)
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,487 Member
    Options
    You keep a food diary? You use a food scale?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You didn't mention anything about counting calories. Are you doing that?

I'm having a cheeseburger and fries tonight...within my calorie goal. You don't have to cut out certain foods unless that is what helps you create a sustainable calorie deficit.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    You've lost an average of 1/2 lb each week. That's what I hope to achieve. Slow and steady wins.