Resisting the couch snacking option

Options
blue_eyed_fi
blue_eyed_fi Posts: 24 Member
Anyone else find the post 9pm sitting on the couch munchies hard to resist? I feel these are my downfall. I do well all day then decide to watch a Netflix show and boom ...munchie fever starts..so hard to resist...yes I'm moaning but it's the main reason I've piled back on 20 pounds in 6 months!

Replies

• aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    I go for lower cal options. Roasted cauliflower with S&P and parm cheese is less than 200 calories for a pound. I tear it apart with my hands and eat it like popcorn.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Brush your teeth before you settle in. Use the strongest, mintiest toothpaste you can find.

I also chew gum in those scenarios, although the success of this particular method has been limited.

• blue_eyed_fi
    Options
    Both great tips guys..
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    I've also been keeping lollipops in the house. Mine are like 45 calories each and it takes me 20 minute to get through each one.
  • blue_eyed_fi
    Options
    aeloine wrote: »
    I've also been keeping lollipops in the house. Mine are like 45 calories each and it takes me 20 minute to get through each one.

That's a really good tip! I'm going to steal this for sure!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I plan a snack for the evening into my day usually. I usually don't sit still and watch tv in the evening.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    Anyone else find the post 9pm sitting on the couch munchies hard to resist? I feel these are my downfall. I do well all day then decide to watch a Netflix show and boom ...munchie fever starts..so hard to resist...yes I'm moaning but it's the main reason I've piled back on 20 pounds in 6 months!

completely understand...and me too!
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options

Best to avoid buying the snacks if you have a choice.

Snack on vegetables. If you aren't hungry enough to eat some vegetables then maybe it applies to whatever snack. This has helped me.
  • cee134
    Options
    I don’t eat dinner until after 9pm

How do you go 9 hours without eating and not sleeping?
  • cee134
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

Why would I be sleeping during the day?

I don't know, I'm just trying to figure out how to eat dinner later and 9PM seems impressive to me.
  • cee134
    edited February 2018
    Options

Why would I be sleeping during the day?

I don't know, I'm just trying to figure out how to eat dinner later and 9PM seems impressive to me.

If you drink coffee, have a bulletproof coffee in the morning. That will keep you satisfied until lunch. At lunch have a big lunch or breakfast and lunch together. That will keep you going until dinner. Then you go to bed not hungry and without snacking.

Do you eat lunch around noon? Also how many calories is your lunch (or lunch time meal)? Do you usually eat the same thing? Do you avoid certain foods?

For example, I try to eat protein and lots of vegetables at lunch, but I still get hungry shortly after work most days.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options

Yeah, it really is. You will think I'm nuts...but...stop watching TV! Don't sit on the couch. Use that couch when you have your friends over and that's it.

Stop sitting down, and all of your major problems will be handled.

You'll get your dishes done, laundry done...clean place, all of it.

Lose weight.

Get off of the couch.

omg. no you really don't have to WORK all night long. that's a myth.

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    Brush your teeth before you settle in. Use the strongest, mintiest toothpaste you can find.

I also chew gum in those scenarios, although the success of this particular method has been limited.

This is what I do. I eat everything I'm going to eat by around 7, and then floss and brush. No more food or drink other than water for the rest of the night.

• blue_eyed_fi
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips and yes not watching TV worked for me before ...
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    My wife and I sit down to dinner around 8:30 and that's when the t.v. comes on. We're busy getting the boys fed, homework done, kids bathed, and cooking dinner and packing our breakfasts and lunches from the time we get home until the time we eat.

We're typically in bed around 9:30...sometimes 10 PM at the latest in most cases.

One of the reasons we finally cut the cord was that we just aren't watching nearly as much t.v. as we used to.
  • cee134
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    My wife and I sit down to dinner around 8:30 and that's when the t.v. comes on. We're busy getting the boys fed, homework done, kids bathed, and cooking dinner and packing our breakfasts and lunches from the time we get home until the time we eat.

We're typically in bed around 9:30...sometimes 10 PM at the latest in most cases.

One of the reasons we finally cut the cord was that we just aren't watching nearly as much t.v. as we used to.

How do you go so long without eating dinner?
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Here's what works for us:

-Brush your teeth after dinner
    -Drink a ton of water
    -DECAF COFFEE!!
    -Tea
    -Watching "My 600-lb. Life"