zucchini/squash freezing?

I'd like to freeze the overabundance of squash I got from my sister's garden. Some will be shredded, some cubed. Anyone have recipe ideas besides zucchini bread, soups?

Replies

• feebz36
    feebz36 Posts: 32 Member
    Courgette lasagne is lovely, you make the tomato sauce and add the raw grated courgette. layer up with pasta sheets, then top with cheese if you are feeling naughty, bake in the oven until bubbling! Courgette cake is amazing too... substitute the carrot in your fave carrot cake recipe for courgette (nom!). Lastly, you can roast then blend them with other vegges to make a pasta sauce or just have them in "green pasta", basil pesto, peas, courgette, broccoli, asparagus etc ( anything green!) :)
  • Stacyschim
    Stacyschim Posts: 24 Member
    yum, yum, thank you!
  • EvelynBfly78
    EvelynBfly78 Posts: 240 Member
    A friend gave me a zucchini from her garden. It weighs at least 6 lbs. Gave half away to another friend.
    I made zucchini salad. Here's my recipe:
    Soften 2 cups chopped onion with 2 tsp minced garlic in a hint of oil in a 4 qt pot sprayed w/cooking spray. Add 6 c. zucchini, 1 c. chopped tomato, parsley & 2 c. water. Bring to a boil. Lower heat & simmer for about 15-20 mins. Makes 8-6 oz servings as a side dish.
    You can add dill instead of parsley or any other spices you wish.
    I love getting homegrown veggies. What a treat!