Weight went back up. Pretty bummed

Options
After two weeks, I decided to do a weigh in and was sad to see I went UP two pounds. I really don't understand. I haven't been eating more than 1400 cal(I stay within 1300-1400, you can check my food journal) and although I wasn't able to go to the gym every day last week, I didn't feel like I was doing so bad that I gained weight. Could really use some insight here. Also, might be TMI, but my cycle is supposed to end tomorrow so idk if its water weight but it still seems crazy that I haven't gone down at all

Replies

• BitofaState
    BitofaState Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    It happens,

I lose upto 3lbs overnight, and then gain it all back on during the day - look at the overall trajectory in a 4-6 week timeframe.

Its a marathon not a sprint.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,019 Member
    Options
    Yeah, take the long-view. I've been at my maintenance weight for years, but I still fluctuate 2-3 pounds in the course of a day or a month.

Stay the course, you're doing fine.
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    It’s probably water. If you feel good about your logging..try not to worry. You will see that “whoosh”effect soon!
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of "quick adds" in your diary. Are you just guessing? You may be eating more than you think.
  • digidoomed
    digidoomed Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Rocknut53 wrote: »
    I see a lot of "quick adds" in your diary. Are you just guessing? You may be eating more than you think.

The quick ads are items from my campus cafe. The calories are posted next to the foods on the menu, but they're just not in the MFP database sometimes
  • brig_it
    brig_it Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I haven't stepped on my scale in a year and a half. Instead, I've tracked my progress with a tape measurer and how tight/loose my jeans are. I highly recommend giving it a try, especially when the scale just drives you bananas.
  • Decapins
    Decapins Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Weigh in again tomorrow and see if it's the same?