Tell me about yourself.

Options
Hey guys trying to refrain from dying of bordom/ monotony. I'm Laura. I'm 33 and have a 5 and 6 yr old. We just moved from NC to Cali and ive not started work or school.yet so I'm going crazy. My goals are to lose 40-50 lbs, tone up, and just be healthier in general. So tell me about you.

Replies

• Alimacbean
    Alimacbean Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    38 in 11 days, working mom to 3.5 year old. Need to lose 20 pounds. No motivation. Headed to a work birthday celebration as i speak. Yummyyyyy.
  • TerranandKaylynsmommy
    Options
    Alimacbean wrote: »
    38 in 11 days, working mom to 3.5 year old. Need to lose 20 pounds. No motivation. Headed to a work birthday celebration as i speak. Yummyyyyy.

Have fun :)
  • mca90guitar
    mca90guitar Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    27, no kids, at work right now and want to be around 255 pounds and currently sitting at 216.

Just want to be skinny for once in my life and be able to attack the bike trails harder during mountain bike season. Plus I need to shave my head soon and don't want to look like Budda lol.
  • TerranandKaylynsmommy
    Options
    So the goal is to build muscle I take it? Well good luck to you.
  • remoore23
    remoore23 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm 31. No kids. I gained thirty pounds in four years when I became an accountant and started sitting all day. In my most recent weight loss attempt, I started at 154.5 lbs, I'm now down to 152.5 pounds. I'm trying to lose one pound per week by watching my diet and exercising most days of the week. Any faster weight loss just doesn't work for me.

I remember a trip I took to Acadia National Park in Maine in 2013; I was about 125 lbs and had been going to the gym 3-4 days per week and was able to hike for hours and hours without getting very winded/tired. Being active had never been so fun. It was great and I'd like to be at that place again with my fitness. I live in Vermont and hope to do lots of hiking this summer.

What are you doing to achieve your goals? What motivates you?
  • TerranandKaylynsmommy
    Options
    remoore23 wrote: »
    I'm 31. No kids. I gained thirty pounds in four years when I became an accountant and started sitting all day. In my most recent weight loss attempt, I started at 154.5 lbs, I'm now down to 152.5 pounds. I'm trying to lose one pound per week by watching my diet and exercising most days of the week. Any faster weight loss just doesn't work for me.

I remember a trip I took to Acadia National Park in Maine in 2013; I was about 125 lbs and had been going to the gym 3-4 days per week and was able to hike for hours and hours without getting very winded/tired. Being active had never been so fun. It was great and I'd like to be at that place again with my fitness. I live in Vermont and hope to do lots of hiking this summer.

What are you doing to achieve your goals? What motivates you?

Hi and welcome. Your goals are great and seem attainable. Currently I walk 2 miles a day and do some light aerobics. I cut out 99.9 percent of the junk and processed foods I used to eat. I also don't eat dairy or gluten although that's more for medical reasons. Good luck. If you need some support feel free to add me.