What do you reward yourself with when hitting personal goals?

Options

Replies

• amandawhatup62
    amandawhatup62 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Buy smaller clothes

That is what I’m doing today! :)
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Massage!
  • kstarallen
    kstarallen Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Swimsuits/athletic clothing. I have purchased a couple of swimsuits in the last couple of months and will likely buy more before I reach my goal. I enjoy trying them on every now and again and looking better and better. Hoping to be fairly happy with my body by the first day of summer.
  • amandawhatup62
    amandawhatup62 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    kstar_lee wrote: »
    Swimsuits/athletic clothing. I have purchased a couple of swimsuits in the last couple of months and will likely buy more before I reach my goal. I enjoy trying them on every now and again and looking better and better. Hoping to be fairly happy with my body by the first day of summer.

You can do it! I’m hoping to have a body I can be comfortable in wearing a swimsuit by next summer... :)
  • pattyhouse1970
    pattyhouse1970 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Clothes and shoes. Once I did perfume and repairware facial cream. Mainly clothes though. I try to Not reward myself with food, I do sometimes though. ;)
    I have one goal left and it's been a real battle. I have 6 more pounds to lose and I don't think I've lost any in a month or so. But right now, building muscle is more important to me than those 6 pounds. I'm also training to run a 10K and a Mini Marathon. Just completed my first 5K this past Saturday.
  • MarilynTC
    MarilynTC Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I am planning to reward myself with a full-on spa day once I drop 25 lbs - getting the works with one of my BFFs.

When I reach my final goal weight, I am getting another tattoo. A Hawaiian honu maybe with a plumeria design on its shell.

I have not decided on any other intermediate rewards, but they will likely be personal-care splurge related. I originally thought I would have clothes as rewards, but I will need certain things for work bc we have a dress code, and I need some nicer things for that anyway.

Maybe some new arrows for my archery hobby, or a better bow. Maybe a big Star Wars lego set (assuming I finish my Death Star).
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I make chainmaille jewelry and that stuff is expensive. So, I shall reward myself with some silver and gold to work with.
  • 39andfat
    39andfat Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    The fat loss is the reward.
  • chellycakes
    chellycakes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    A few new sports bras and sports tanks! I love the ones with the fun and funny quotes :)
  • goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    I can't even imagine wearing some of the clothes I own (and love). New clothes is definitely *not* my issue.

A reward...I'd probably give myself a week at maintenance. And a night "out."
  • jutkabutka
    jutkabutka Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    For every day that I nail my mfp goals, I pay myself $5.00. That means I have to be in my calorie and macro zone and get my exercise in. That $5.00 used to pay for a Starbucks habit that I really wanted to quit, but now goes to me. I actually take $5.00 and put it in a little box. If I don’t meet my mfp goals I take $5.00 out, so that’s bad because then I’m down $10. That means that I pay myself up to $35 a week to lose weight. My weight loss goal isn’t big right now, but we all know that last 10lbs is hard!!! When I hit my goal I get to buy something with the money. I find myself fantasizing about what to buy and that motivates me.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    MarkaStone wrote: »
    I reward myself with new goals. Gotta at least try to keep moving forward

This is so me. I'm totally intrinsically motivated, so external rewards are not really necessary for me. I mean, if you want to give me a million bucks for reaching a milestone, I won't reject it, but I really only need that sense of deep personal satisfaction to keep me going. I love the "feeling" of a personal victory, so I give myself a quick mental "pat-pat" and then I'm on to the next challenge! :D

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    jutkabutka wrote: »
    For every day that I nail my mfp goals, I pay myself $5.00. That means I have to be in my calorie and macro zone and get my exercise in. That $5.00 used to pay for a Starbucks habit that I really wanted to quit, but now goes to me. I actually take $5.00 and put it in a little box. If I don’t meet my mfp goals I take $5.00 out, so that’s bad because then I’m down $10. That means that I pay myself up to $35 a week to lose weight. My weight loss goal isn’t big right now, but we all know that last 10lbs is hard!!! When I hit my goal I get to buy something with the money. I find myself fantasizing about what to buy and that motivates me.

I think that's fantastic! <3
  • senorajoselina
    senorajoselina Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Clothes and jewelry; concert tickets; spa treatments
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!