How has the weight loss help you in your day to day life

Options
2»

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,851 Member
    Options
    * Less joint pain.
    * Increased general sense of well being (due to lower systemic inflammation, maybe?).
    * Good cholesterol/triglycerides (formerly very bad).
    * Normal blood pressure (formerly high).
    * Easier to do daily life activities while carrying around 50+ fewer pounds.
    * Reduced sleep apnea.
    * Probably other stuff I'm forgetting, because it's been a couple of years since I hit maintenance. ;)
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    of course i am loving looking better and like my young self. But that's not changing my day to day life. it is the twinges, aches, and pains that go AWAY with healthy eating and weight loss that is amazing. That motivated me to stay on course more than looking better.
  • kaydeedoubleu1
    kaydeedoubleu1 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Being able to walk into any shop and know things will fit.
    Not worrying about being judged for what i eat when i am out.
    Sitting in those crappy aluminium butt enclosing chairs and not feel squished.
    Not being insecure on planes.
    Not having thigh rash when i wear dresses in summer.
    Many more but these will do.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    It gave the confidence to start a new post grad course and change my career get a new job
    I have more energy and instead of wanting to do stuff I actually do them
    Significant reduction of asthma medication (and still dropping there)
    Better outlook on life in general
    Less computer and TV time (busy with stuff)
    I like what I see in the mirror

Just a few
  • CaliMomTeach
    CaliMomTeach Posts: 745 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I can bend down much more easily (help my young daughter wash her hair in the bath without feeling super uncomfortable). I went on an easy walk up to Yosemite Falls both before and after losing the weight, and I remembered how tough the walk felt before. I laughed after, thinking that it was nothing. Before I blamed how I felt on getting older. Now I know it was because I was getting fatter. I feel younger now. I've also started exercising regularly. After losing more weight, I felt more confident doing that. Most importantly, I went from being prediabetic to having normal blood sugar and from a doctor saying I needed cholesterol medicine to saying it was now fine.
  • ConnieT1030
    ConnieT1030 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I started losing just to look more pleasing to myself and to buy clothes I liked better than fat girl clothes. I am smaller now but having a hard time finding clothes since sizes are more complicated and falsely marked than the "plus" sizes were! :o But I did find more stamina (helped I use an elliptical now, not as regular as I should though) and can walk without being out of breath, but also I have a chronic lung condition and I found quite unexpectedly that my pulmonary function test was significantly improved by my last 40 pounds of weight loss (60 total), something I didnt realize would happen! Bonus! <3 Still working on about 20 more for vanity's sake :smiley: