Options
13»

Replies

• Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    Just_J_Now wrote: »
    It depends if I'm alone or not. And by alone I mean everyone I know has plans and don't want to hang out or do anything. I don't mind celebrating me once a year. Even if it's something small.

This year is a milestone b'day for me so I'm planning a trip.

30?

Riiiiight. :flowerforyou:
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I haven't really been excited for my birthdays since I was really young. I always tell everyone though just for that "Well, happy birthday!" I know they don't care but I like for my existence to be acknowledged. One time I tried to invite a lot of people on fb to go to a club and party with me and realized I didn't really have any friends; or any that I knew would show up for sure. But turns out some girls I went to high school with did show up to the club, and it was one of my best birthdays. I'd like to celebrate every year but I'm still working on getting friends to invite.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    My 50th Bday is March 20th and myself, hubby and 14 friends/family are going to party in Vegas! I am so excited!!!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I'm 63, so I don't go out and binge drink. Instead, I invite my friends and family over for a BBQ and binge drink at home.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I haven't properly celebrated a birthday since I turned 21 (and I wouldn't call that a celebration so much as an excuse to binge drink). What do most of you do on your birthday?

I usually just buy something I want and pretend the day doesn't exist.

Where do you go? What do you do? Do you even celebrate it after the age of 21? Is it worth celebrating?

I have questions.. give me answers.

I always celebrate my birthday. Mine usually falls on or around the Columbus Day holiday and my kid's fall break so we usually take a long weekend trip to San Diego for some beach time and it also kinda serves as a last hurrah before winter sets in.

On the home front, I usually have my very close friends over for a cookout and beer...pretty low key, but fun. My mom always does something at her house...usually a Sunday brunch for the family celebration.

I'm 43...
  • mrboston00
    mrboston00 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    everyone celebrates my bday. 2/14 <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    Happy Birthday @CanesGalactica !
    I recently had a birthday and kind of pretended that it didn't exist. I acknowledged the people who wished me a Happy Birthday and then went on my way. I did do a little shopping, but it was because I had a coupon and gift cards so it wasn't really birthday shopping, just a coincidence. I just really wasn't in the mood to go out and party or even really see people. I even avoided phone calls. I think I am turning into some sort of weirdo

Thanks! I think I settled on pizza (we had a nice lunch at an oyster bar here), bookstore and celebratory cupcake (for me). Husband's birthday is in a few days, so I don't know what he'll pick! Probably Mexican food.. or BBQ and more books. I might sneak off to the fabric or second hand stores tomorrow to do some "shopping" just because I haven't since we moved here.

I'm using today as a milestone: I'm gonna enjoy my terrible food choices and knuckle down tomorrow and for a year after that and see how much I change (physically and mentally) in a year. A personal project, I guess. :)
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    mrboston00 wrote: »
    everyone celebrates my bday. 2/14 <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Is that annoying for you? Or do you not really care?
  • mrboston00
    mrboston00 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    @ canesgalactica

It doesnt annoy me. IT's only 1 day. there are other days i have to myself but its nice to know that day is special to others.
  • Frankie_Fan
    Frankie_Fan Posts: 562 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Last couple of birthdays I haven't done anything special since I live on an island and have no friends here. A couple of family members will send me a box or a card, so that's nice.
  • Frankie_Fan
    Frankie_Fan Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    My 50th Bday is March 20th and myself, hubby and 14 friends/family are going to party in Vegas! I am so excited!!!

Sounds amazing!!! I'd like to go to Vegas one day, maybe when the kids are grown up.