Sorry to be annoying I need help

Options
Ok I hope I’m not the only one but 3 days straight I’ve been binging like a maniac on literally everything back to back I’ll have ice cream, chips, white rice stew chicken, peanut butter sandwiches etc. I’ve worked hard for my body currently I’m 1251 body fat 23.3%. All this morning from binging like a maniac will the three days affect my hard work I don’t know how much I was before the scale this is the first scale I’ve gotten that weighs body fat. I started fasting today because I feel gross.

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Just go back to your normal eating pattern. Fasting will only make you miserable imo.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Did you log your binge? Do you know your maintenance calories? Was it PMS time (that makes me eat everything in sight for 2-3 days)?

The more you know, the better you can do next time.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I imagine fasting would just trigger another binge, just go back to a normal eating pattern and try to relax. Sounds like you are setting yourself up for a very unhealthy relationship with food.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others to go back to eating normally or you may set yourself up for another. Do you know what triggers the binges? Is it undereating? Deprivation of foods? Certain times of the month? Stress? Finding out the triggers and dealing with them can help.

What are your goals? From what I remember you are fairly lean, if you are trying to get leaner it can be tricky and hunger cues can take over. If you have been dieting for a long time maybe time for a diet break.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    While I have not binged,yet, I do understand the body dismorhpia issues. You are not disgusting! You are human and you are attempting something that is against human biology. Not to mention we are bombarded with food cues everywhere. 23% bf for women is not that bad honestly. Fasting is just a tool for restricting calories, nothing magical about it. Remember willpower is finite, but habit is long term. Best of luck!
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Log it and move on to the next day. I have those days every once in awhile and guess what? I had them every so often during my weight loss stage also. Instead of me beating myself up over a day, I just considered those days a part of the whole. Because they were.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I suggest you log a blank entry for the past three days, 3,000 calories a day.

I suggest you add 200 calories to your daily allowance.

I suggest you eat REALLY GOOD for the rest of today and tomorrow with a good chunk of protein prepared well, a salad, and a small evening snack. Write out a nice menu for yourself tomorrow.

Start over fresh as if nothing happened. Life is too short to make food the enemy and the angel of all our dreams.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,051 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    I agree with the others to go back to eating normally or you may set yourself up for another. Do you know what triggers the binges? Is it undereating? Deprivation of foods? Certain times of the month? Stress? Finding out the triggers and dealing with them can help.

What are your goals? From what I remember you are fairly lean, if you are trying to get leaner it can be tricky and hunger cues can take over. If you have been dieting for a long time maybe time for a diet break.

This ^^ a thousand times this.

OP, if you have a steep calorie deficit, this is going to happen. You are already lean, a 250 deficit is all you can reasonably maintain without this happening.

Even if you are set reasonably this happens sometimes. Log it and move on. It isn't going to be a big deal unless you make it a big deal.