Breakfast Options

Options
2»

Replies

• Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    Often breakfast is just greek yogurt with added low fat cottage cheese and a banana - good protein hit to start my day. Occasionally I have an egg or two on toast with avocado. This morning I had some buckwheat groats with mixed berries and greek yogurt - seeing if that sustains my gym workout better than my usual fare. I personally don't find smoothies very satiating for the calories, even if they contain the same amount of calories and protein as any of my breakfasts.

There are mixed data regarding sugar intake, and some thought that naturally occurring sugar may be more healthful than added sugar although this is confounded by the additional nutrients available in any given item. (If you want to see a flame war, pretty much any thread on this site regarding pro/con of sugar will do.) After cruising through a multitude of data, I have personally decided not to be concerned about sugar that naturally occurs in fruits and vegetables and dairy products. And I tend not to eat much sugar-added food just because I prefer savory to sweet. My blood sugar is normal and I am not concerned about developing diabetes.