US embassies closed worldwide

Options
krazyforyou
krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
What is up with new of the US closing all of its embassies world wide Sunday related to terriost levels being high?? Do I need to go and get some extra ammunition to protect my own home front. Dont you feel like the govenment should at least tell us why its closing down the embassies. What do you think??

Replies

• Kittyvicious1
    Kittyvicious1 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I think there were some threats this week on the embassies and give the outcome and deaths of the last embassy attack they are taking full precautions. I do not think there is immenent harm on your door step but my family is always locked and loaded for anything or anyone not welcomed
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    the canadians are doing the same.but from what i heard some group was really close to finishing a bomb. so they closed them down. there was also a warning for all americans traveling abroud
  • emma7437
    emma7437 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    And its not just America. The Australian government are looking at embassies, threat levels etc.
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    The answer is always more ammo.
  • db34fit69
    db34fit69 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Only those Americans with passports have to be worried.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    What is up with new of the US closing all of its embassies world wide Sunday related to terriost levels being high?? Do I need to go and get some extra ammunition to protect my own home front. Dont you feel like the govenment should at least tell us why its closing down the embassies. What do you think??

I went to the Social Security Office that is housed in the US Embassy here in Mexico City yesterday morning and the embassy was open. The news here said that embassies were closed in the Middle East due to a terrorist threat on American installations in the Middle East and Parts of Africa and because of a generalized threat by the new Al Qaeda leader in a recent speech against all American installations. Somehow I got the feeling that those threads did not include the US as a country, but their dependencies abroad. I got most of this from Mexican media and CNN INternational. I also think that there must be more to it, because those threads have always existed and embassies were not closed.
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    The answer is always more ammo.

Yep, except Homeland Security has hoarded it all. They don't want us getting too frisky, you know....
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options

Why would you say that ? Only those Americans who actually use their passports ( which is less than half of those who have a passport ) to travel would theoretically need to worry..........but even for those who travel, the chance to get caught up in a terrorist act is miniscule. Since a lot of Americans use their passport to travel to Europe, Canada and Mexico, I would say that many are quite safe......at least from Al Qaeda terrorism.
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Canada loves my passport. :)
  • db34fit69
    db34fit69 Posts: 189 Member
    Options

Why would you say that ? Only those Americans who actually use their passports ( which is less than half of those who have a passport ) to travel would theoretically need to worry..........but even for those who travel, the chance to get caught up in a terrorist act is miniscule. Since a lot of Americans use their passport to travel to Europe, Canada and Mexico, I would say that many are quite safe......at least from Al Qaeda terrorism.

Yeah just a joke on the old cliché that most Americans don't have passports and therefore those without them won't be traveling abroad and getting in harm's way :-) I'm an American living abroad for the last 7 years and have never once felt threatened. I don't pay attention to these terror alerts.