Tummy Troubles

Options
2»

Replies

• laurenbastug
    laurenbastug Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Too much fiber can cause bloating and loose stools. Maybe shoot for only 20g per day.

yah I actually adjusted this week to not be so high as I read too much could not be good either. Thank you :)
  • Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this is in the right message board, but I'm hoping for any type of guidance / suggestions.

My weight loss journey started in Sept. 2016. I lost a substantial amount of weight through tracking calories, then later macros. In September of 2017, I decided to try eating "paleo" so for a a few months I avoided carbs/gluten like the plague. It backfired and once Thanksgiving came around, I lost willpower and the next 2 months, I basically gained all the weight I lost. Bummer, but have mentally moved on and am back on track.

Now that I've gotten my nutrition back in check, I'm tracking macros (not eliminating any food group, etc.) but still prioritizing quality food. My issue is that I've now been stricken with some tummy woes and it's super frustrating. I've upped my fiber intake to about 30-40g a day, drinking at least 3-4 liters of water, taking a pre/probiotic and exercising regularly, but my bathroom visits are the issue. This is obviously gross and embarrassing, but the issue is super loose stool and bloating.

I was wondering if anyone has had this issue/success in resolving it? I thought it was just my body getting used to my new eating habits, but it's been nearly 4 weeks of this.

The reason I brought up the paleo part was that through some more research I found that even a month on a gluten free diet could affect gut flora - so not sure if now that i've re-introduced gluten, my tummy is out of whack and it's all my doing.

At the end of the day, I am probably going to stop taking the supplements I've been taking (rhodiola, fish oil and PEScience summer shred stack) to see if that has any affect. I've taken these before with no issue, but I figured I need to start somewhere.

It's the most frustrating part of it all - I've eaten this way before, taken these supplements before, so there is nothing I can pinpoint that I'm doing differently this time around that would have my tummy in turmoil.

I'm planning on a gastroenterology visit if the elimination method doesn't pan out because this is no bueno!

As odd as this sounds, it may be particular fiber ingredients that are irritating your bowels.
    Try eliminating inulin (chickory root) for this reason.
    The other sinister ingredient is carrageenan (which is a known intestinal irritant).

You are probably doing everything else right!
    I hope you feel better!

• laurenbastug
    laurenbastug Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this is in the right message board, but I'm hoping for any type of guidance / suggestions.

My weight loss journey started in Sept. 2016. I lost a substantial amount of weight through tracking calories, then later macros. In September of 2017, I decided to try eating "paleo" so for a a few months I avoided carbs/gluten like the plague. It backfired and once Thanksgiving came around, I lost willpower and the next 2 months, I basically gained all the weight I lost. Bummer, but have mentally moved on and am back on track.

Now that I've gotten my nutrition back in check, I'm tracking macros (not eliminating any food group, etc.) but still prioritizing quality food. My issue is that I've now been stricken with some tummy woes and it's super frustrating. I've upped my fiber intake to about 30-40g a day, drinking at least 3-4 liters of water, taking a pre/probiotic and exercising regularly, but my bathroom visits are the issue. This is obviously gross and embarrassing, but the issue is super loose stool and bloating.

I was wondering if anyone has had this issue/success in resolving it? I thought it was just my body getting used to my new eating habits, but it's been nearly 4 weeks of this.

The reason I brought up the paleo part was that through some more research I found that even a month on a gluten free diet could affect gut flora - so not sure if now that i've re-introduced gluten, my tummy is out of whack and it's all my doing.

At the end of the day, I am probably going to stop taking the supplements I've been taking (rhodiola, fish oil and PEScience summer shred stack) to see if that has any affect. I've taken these before with no issue, but I figured I need to start somewhere.

It's the most frustrating part of it all - I've eaten this way before, taken these supplements before, so there is nothing I can pinpoint that I'm doing differently this time around that would have my tummy in turmoil.

I'm planning on a gastroenterology visit if the elimination method doesn't pan out because this is no bueno!

As odd as this sounds, it may be particular fiber ingredients that are irritating your bowels.
    Try eliminating inulin (chickory root) for this reason.
    The other sinister ingredient is carrageenan (which is a known intestinal irritant).

You are probably doing everything else right!
    I hope you feel better!

Yes! I actually thought it could be the particular fiber I’m ingesting. I will try the above. Thank you so much