Snow in UK

39andfat
39andfat Posts: 144 Member
How are people handling Snow in UK at the moment?

Replies

• amyteacake
    amyteacake Posts: 768 Member
    I'm in Glasgow. It's pretty bad, basically looks like a snow blizzard outside and can hardly see for the snow falling. Icicles are hanging from lampposts and it is so cold my partner suffered from frostnip after helping a guy push his car. Me on the other hand I have a couple days off work due to the weather so plan to build a massive snowman with my brother tomorrow lol.

I have honestly never seen weather like this before in Scotland. It looks like it's getting worse tonight tbh.

I don't live that far from Glasgow and it's pretty bad here too! Can barely see anything out my window. My step dad had to go out to pick up his car but could barely see in front of him. It's horrible.

I've heard there's a red weather warning until Saturday. I'm suppose to be working both tomorrow and Saturday and have a review meeting in college on Friday but trains have been cancelled and people have been advised not to travel. Looks like I've been just staying in my bed those days haha
  • amyteacake
    amyteacake wrote: »
    I'm in Glasgow. It's pretty bad, basically looks like a snow blizzard outside and can hardly see for the snow falling. Icicles are hanging from lampposts and it is so cold my partner suffered from frostnip after helping a guy push his car. Me on the other hand I have a couple days off work due to the weather so plan to build a massive snowman with my brother tomorrow lol.

I have honestly never seen weather like this before in Scotland. It looks like it's getting worse tonight tbh.

I don't live that far from Glasgow and it's pretty bad here too! Can barely see anything out my window. My step dad had to go out to pick up his car but could barely see in front of him. It's horrible.

I've heard there's a red weather warning until Saturday. I'm suppose to be working both tomorrow and Saturday and have a review meeting in college on Friday but trains have been cancelled and people have been advised not to travel. Looks like I've been just staying in my bed those days haha

Yeah iv heard a few different things on news. First one said it's red warnings extended to Saturday with weather set to be worse than people had first thought. Now I'm hearing it's red until 10am tomorrow morning and switching to amber until 6pm. But a strong amber warning so basically treated the same as red. Amber for Friday and then yellow for Saturday.... but they have said this weather will last all week. I will be treating it as red warning as long as it looks wild outside! Not worth taking the risk.

I'll be doing the exact same. It isn't worth the risk at all
  • 5Months2fit
    5Months2fit Posts: 36 Member
    It actually feels warmer with the snow than before it snowed.
  • AdamAthletic
    AdamAthletic Posts: 2,985 Member
    I live in North London and currently the palm tree in my back garden looks SO CONFUSED!!!

I want summer back!!!
  • amyteacake
    I live in North London and currently the palm tree in my back garden looks SO CONFUSED!!!

I want summer back!!!

I want summer too! I I just want to me nice and warm!
  • AdamAthletic

I want summer back!!!

Yeah, I’ve been sulking since the last one ended :lol:

Winter is okay if you enjoy staying in watching TV/Netflix but, for anybody outdoorsy... it sucks!!!
  • amyteacake

I want summer back!!!

Winter is okay if you enjoy staying in watching TV/Netflix but, for anybody outdoorsy... it sucks!!!

I started sulking in January because I'm just so tired of the cold;

Ugh, I know. Because of how cold it is I feel so unmotivated to workout or go to the gym! I hate it!
  • h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    Loving it swapped the road bike for the mountain bike ... lowered the tyre pressure to <30psi and hitting the fluff on the daily commute ... epic commuting !
  • AdamAthletic

I want summer back!!!

Ugh, I know. Because of how cold it is I feel so unmotivated to workout or go to the gym! I hate it!

I was in the same position, I joined a new gym last week to try and build my motivation up and get my sorry self ready for Summer!!! Lol

Not too long now!!!!
  • amyteacake

I want summer back!!!

I was in the same position, I joined a new gym last week to try and build my motivation up and get my sorry self ready for Summer!!! Lol

Not too long now!!!!

Seems like the weather has other plans for us!

Hopefully not!!
  • rlaramee2
    rlaramee2 Posts: 28 Member
    It actually feels warmer with the snow than before it snowed.

As it should. When snow falls it creates an exothermic reaction warming the air around the snowflakes. Go science!
  • AdamAthletic
    d6emrleh89jd.jpeg

The worst bit.. relying on public transport in central London when a tiny bit of snow comes down!!
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    lcfdlzg7oyew.png
  • AdamAthletic
    cee134 wrote: »
    lcfdlzg7oyew.png

To be honest I’ve just been nearly knocked over by 2 people doing the exact same thing in St James Park!

There’s a time and and a place... this, isn’t it!
  • Sarahlouise5A
    Sarahlouise5A Posts: 86 Member
    Hating the snow in Newcastle as my gym classes keep getting cancelled
  • angel4732
    angel4732 Posts: 14,898 Member
    Us here in the UK don't handle the snow, we all either stay home or rush out to empty the shops. This is roads near where I live
    ypco3a0b3gpm.jpg
  • angel4732
    angel4732 Posts: 14,898 Member
    lklwqchxpc1s.jpg