Bo or Luke?

Options
Sunshine_And_Sand
Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
edited February 2018 in Chit-Chat
Along the lines of the "Dean or Sam" thread... Do you prefer Bo or Luke from Dukes of Hazzard? I mean the original Bo and Luke, not the cousins who were also named Bo and Luke or the guys from the movie, but you can go with whichever Bo and Luke you like.
Even though I typically prefer brunette hair on guys, for me it's Bo all the way

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Bo was the cool one and the one that drove the car the most.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Daisy...
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I was 100% convinced I was going to marry Bo when I was 5

No. Cuz I was going to marry him and have all his babies. I'd still marry him now, John Schneider is pretty hot to this day.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    sarjenki wrote: »
    Along the lines of the "Dean or Sam" thread... Do you prefer Bo or Luke from Dukes of Hazzard? I mean the original Bo and Luke, not the cousins who were also named Bo and Luke or the guys from the movie, but you can go with whichever Bo and Luke you like.
    Even though I typically prefer brunette hair on guys, for me it's Bo all the way

The cousins were Coy and Vance Duke. I've always been a Coy or Vance in a world of Bo and Lukes.

Yeah, I guess your right that it was Coy and Vance. To be honest, I usually changed the channel when they showed the episodes that didn't have the "real" Bo and Luke and found it weird that they seemed to try to pick two guys who looked similar to the originals as if we wouldn't notice. Kinda of like the two Darrins in Bewitched (I guess that a whole other poll there)
  • PrincessTinyheart
    PrincessTinyheart Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    aw, no.... Luke all the way.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Bo!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I think I was a Bo fan as a kid.
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    I was 100% convinced I was going to marry Bo when I was 5

I was 100% convinced I was going to smash Daisy when I was *cough cough* years old. I wasn’t sure what smashing was, but I knew I wanted to be a part of it.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    I was a Luke fan. He seemed like the "smart one." My best friend Julie liked Bo. When we had childhood sleepovers we would pretend our pillows were the Duke boys and would practice kissing them.

Trivia: The actor who played Cooter, Ben Jones, represented the state of Georgia (Dem.) in the U.S. House of Representatives. He served at the same time as Congressman Fred Grandy (Rep. Iowa) who previously played Gopher on the Love Boat.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Boss Hogg (I like ‘em thick)

Really I just like to say “Boss Hogg”

I hope that user name isn’t taken!

I liked the dark-haired one. Luke! Yeah, the smart one.
  • bojack3
    bojack3 Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Never watched the show as a kid. But a quick Google search shows me that Luke sure did have a way better body than Bo.....
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    But actually I liked Mork and the Fonz. I only ever saw Dukes of Hazzard at my grandparents’ house — not a favorite of my mom. I named my cat Exidor after the Mork and Mindy character. And I’m still searching for a Mr. Right who uses a public bathroom as his office.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    ilfaith wrote: »
    I was a Luke fan. He seemed like the "smart one." My best friend Julie liked Bo. When we had childhood sleepovers we would pretend our pillows were the Duke boys and would practice kissing them.

In hindsight, it doesn't seem these "good ole boys" turned out to be such great catches after all.

Bo
    http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/02/01/dukes-hazzards-john-schneider-facing-jail-time-over-unpaid-spousal-support-report-says.html

Luke
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2017/09/26/dukes-hazzard-star-charged-assaulting-16-year-old-girl/706096001/