5K advice

Options
13»

Replies

• scorpio516
    scorpio516 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    DX2JX2 wrote: »

When you start, find a person moving at a good pace for you and follow along. Just don’t be creepy about it. Lol.

Good luck

I remember pacing someone who was 7 months pregnant (I'm a guy). Managed it for about half way then she left me in the dust.

Additionally, don't think that the people pushing strollers are easy marks. More often than not, the ones pushing strollers in real races are the ones that are really serious about running.

I got passed by someone pushing a kid, on a steep uphill 16 miles into a trail marathon. That was demoralising.

Two stories
    I've watched a guy pushing twins come in second on a 10k, running a 36-38:00.

I've got a friend who was training at 7 minute miles at 8 months pregnant...
  • wellthenwhat
    wellthenwhat Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I love my C25K app. But I run barefooted whenever it isn't cold. I could run a 5k pretty easily at this point, but I'm not quite doing that on my regular running days. I wanna go back through the program and jog where it says walk and run a bit faster where it says run to get my speed up a little.