2»

Replies

• jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    goatg wrote: »
    jjpptt2 wrote: »

word, yo. Tricep/lat chafe suxors.

I did my long bike/run brick yesterday. Only an hour run, but literally the last 15 minutes I was running with my arms out to the side. Must have looked like the most ridiculous prance.

That happened to me during my first 70.3. Ugh. Guess how many times it's happened since? I think I go through a can of trislide every other race!
  • gexking
    gexking Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I did a two hour run last weekend...without my band-aids. :s
  • goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options

It's 50 miles. I was going to start my Ultra running career with a 50k, but I have a friend running the 50 mile race in July, so I thought why not join him?!

That's just the sort of crazy I love.

You would get along well with my friends & me.
  • goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »

That happened to me during my first 70.3. Ugh. Guess how many times it's happened since? I think I go through a can of trislide every other race!

But just think of how many people you entertained :-)
  • digidoomed
    digidoomed Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Monistat has a really good chafing gel for $5. I keep the bottle with me during the day, but I rarely have to reapply. Try that! It lasted all day when I worked outside in the hot summer with shorts on
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,680 Member
    Options
    There's a product called RunGuard that's like Bodyglide that works well. Looks like deodorant and is basically vaseline. I don't need it often, but it is good if I know I'm going to be sweating a lot and my shorts will be wet.
  • Vladimirnapkin
    Vladimirnapkin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Sports Shield by Two Toms, is the thing.

If you do an ultra, you're going to chafe no matter how thin/lean you are. (I have run more than 30 of them.) I suggest you put some lube between your thighs, upper arms, neckline, nipples (dudes), waist line (top of the hip bone), between your toes, and maybe even your butt cheeks (Let me assure you that chafing there is super unpleasant.) If you are wearing a pack, check where the straps hit you. Carry a little sample size of Body Glide. Most running stores have a bowl of it by the till.

Basically, if you can dip yourself in some running lube...

FYI, vasoline stains your clothes. I don't recommend it.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options

If you do an ultra, you're going to chafe no matter how thin/lean you are. (I have run more than 30 of them.) I suggest you put some lube between your thighs, upper arms, neckline, nipples (dudes), waist line (top of the hip bone), between your toes, and maybe even your butt cheeks (Let me assure you that chafing there is super unpleasant.) If you are wearing a pack, check where the straps hit you. Carry a little sample size of Body Glide. Most running stores have a bowl of it by the till.

Now picturing this.

7z8o7u3uzc9a.png
  • UltraVegAthlete
    UltraVegAthlete Posts: 667 Member
    Options

Now picturing this.

7z8o7u3uzc9a.png

Haha that’s the best!
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    Body Glide. It’s used by runners of all sizes to reduce chaffing. I never go to a race without it. And I don’t know about ladies, but guys should also tape their chest to prevent bleeding.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Use body glide.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Powerlifting and thigh gaps don't really go together, so I'm perfectly fine with knowing I'll never have one again. I run in pants/capris that are tightly fitted or wear long compression shorts under a cute pair of shorter shorts.