looking for Keto friends!

Options
Restarting my weight loss journey AGAIN! I haven't weighed this much EVER! My sister is currently doing Keto and suggested I try. I am so lost! I have been doing research on it and really interested on getting on the band wagon. Looking for friends to help me on this journey!

Replies

• tubbytracey
    tubbytracey Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have been wanting to try the Keto diet as well!
  • diklasp6441
    diklasp6441 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi good I am sorry to you today I have no time to come tomorrow I can work Friday or Sunday or Friday morning Yossi morning morning are the
  • daqtanvir1979
    daqtanvir1979 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What was your typical daily diet? Meals?
  • zoila6796
    zoila6796 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just started. Currently on day 3.
  • loveinterest1
    loveinterest1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am new to the entire 'Project Keto' diet. Anyone have any advice?
  • greauxe
    greauxe Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've had success with the Keto diet a few years ago. I lost 48 lbs and kept it off for several years. That being said, get ready to forgo rice, pasta, fruit, bread and potatoes. You'll be eating hamburgers and breakfast sandwiches without the buns, fish, meat, leafy green veggies and beans. Tea or coffee without sugar (splenda is ok), etc. No soda, orange juice, etc. The key is to keep the carbs low, around 30-60 mg daily. Fruit, honey and sugar is FULL of carbs. You still need fiber so eat beans and oatmeal (with splenda). ANYWAY, once your body reaches KETOSIS, you will become a FAT BURNING MACHINE. Ketosis can happen in a 2-3 days if you eat nothing (drink water), as in fasting; I just fasted for 2.5 days and am there. You can alternatively get to ketosis in about 2-3 weeks by lowering (nearly eliminating) your carb intake but you have to be very disciplined and not cheat. It's frustrating to get there just to slip out because you craved a candy bar! You can buy ketone test strips from amazon or any cvs (with a pharmacy) to test and see when you're in ketosis and more importantly, when your out.
  • poujip
    poujip Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi.. i also have tried keto diet last year and the results is so amazing.. but i lack of motivation.. i want to re start doing keto diet because I've hit mu heaviest weight in my life.. can we be friends?
  • ElizabethAN2017
    ElizabethAN2017 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    You're welcome to add me. Best wishes on your success :)
  • rieharvey14
    rieharvey14 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I will be your keto friend. I did it years ago and did this steadily for quite some time. I'm trying to get back into the grove as well. User greauxe gave a run down of what foods you can eat. Keep is plant based. If you are don't for health with no rush, then remove certain foods. If you want a kick start, water fasting or VLCD for 2-3 days should have you there. I would also recommend purchasing keto sticks in your local pharmacy.
  • catherineg3
    catherineg3 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm diabetic and started slow carb & reduced carb <100g/ day last year to try to improve blood sugar. It improved, but not enough. Trying to get under 50g carb per day this year, and also added 16:8 IF last week. I have to stay low carb for the rest of my life to keep control over blood sugar and insulin, so I am focused on finding a sustainable level of how many carbs can I eat and maintain normal blood sugar. I will keep dropping carbs and trying different fasting times until I find the right spot.
  • drmarctagon
    drmarctagon Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I just started Keto myself, looking forward to seeing what comes of it. Not just for weight loss but also to release the hold that sugar has had on me since my childhood. I'm at that stage now where sugar just makes me miserable if I eat a lot and I need to reboot my taste buds.
  • dymplz1979
    dymplz1979 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been on Keto with my best friend for a month and a half and have lost 21 lbs. I have a long way to go but am fully in ketosis and fat adapted. Don't be afraid of the stall. This happens alot during Keto. My advice is to rid your house of the scale. You do not want to depress yourself by not seeing the numbers move. I am down a full pant size and feel the best I have felt in my life. No more headaches! That was a huge sign that this was the right lifestyle for me. There are SO many replacements for all the junk food you love. Pinterest can be your best friend for that. I have had Keto Cheesecake...delicious! There is also Xyloburst candy that is sweetened with Xylitol and is really good for candy cravings for me. Definitely stay strict. I only allow 5% carbs which is about 20g and I don't have any problem staying in Ketosis. I am looking forward to being a whole person smaller with Keto! :)
  • shantelwhitfield92
    shantelwhitfield92 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just started the keto diet. I love being able to snack on salame and cheese. One your bread cravings are gone, you will feel better. It took me about 5 days to not feel gross. You will want to be sure you are still getting the needed vitamins, as keto does not allow much fruit or root veggies.
  • 357girl
    357girl Posts: 30 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I just started Keto 4 days ago. I agree with cpplink - ruled.me is an excellent resource. I've been trolling that site for awhile and decided to go for it.

I've been drinking collagen bone broth and adding sea salt and morton's lite salt to keep from getting "keto flu" and it's worked. I have felt good since day 1. The key is to limit carbs to less than 20grams and keep in mind that grains will keep you from reaching ketosis. You can set your macros here on MFP so that you can track your fat, protein, carbs and calories.

Good luck, everyone! We should keep checking in on each other for support & motivation. dymplz1979, thank you for the inspiration!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    poujip wrote: »
    Hi.. i also have tried keto diet last year and the results is so amazing.. but i lack of motivation.. i want to re start doing keto diet because I've hit mu heaviest weight in my life.. can we be friends?

Too often, we define success by how fast the weight comes off. We need to consider if this is sustainable. For some, the answer is yes, fo others, well they bounce back even higher. This isn't uncommon with dieting, but seems like a good reason to try something different the next time.
  • HdezJ
    HdezJ Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    fedup2010 wrote: »
    Restarting my weight loss journey AGAIN! I haven't weighed this much EVER! My sister is currently doing Keto and suggested I try. I am so lost! I have been doing research on it and really interested on getting on the band wagon. Looking for friends to help me on this journey!

What's up, im all about helping people reach there goals!!! It gets me excited when I see people change for the better.
    What has helped me in this "KISS"
    Keep It Simple Stupid

Don't over complicate it
    For example here is my meal plan

Keto coffee
    Eggs, bacon, cheese
    Peanut Butter
    Pulled pork (no BBQ sauce) and salad with ranch
    Avocado and hamburger with lettuce as buns
    45 min weight lifting

Also check out Jason Wittrock aka keto king

• HdezJ
    HdezJ Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    nious2015 wrote: »
    I am new to the entire 'Project Keto' diet. Anyone have any advice?

What's up, im all about helping people reach there goals!!! It gets me excited when I see people change for the better.
    What has helped me in this "KISS"
    Keep It Simple Stupid

Don't over complicate it
    For example here is my meal plan

Keto coffee
    Eggs, bacon, cheese
    Peanut Butter
    Pulled pork (no BBQ sauce) and salad with ranch
    Avocado and hamburger with lettuce as buns
    45 min weight lifting

Also water, sodium, potassium and magnesium

Also check out Jason Wittrock aka keto king