Help with recipe builder - can't work out portions by weight!

Options
tar2323
tar2323 Posts: 141 Member
edited March 2018 in Recipes
I've attempted to use the recipe builder for the first time for a fruit cocktail thingy. All entered satisfactorily, no problem with that. The whole lot comes to 604 calories if I log it as one serving and weighs 1075g (ingredients only).

How do I then work out how much, say, 100g worth is calories-wise, or 120g, or 150g? I'm so crap at this stuff, there must be a glaringly obvious way to do it I'm missing. :)

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I've found the easiest way to deal with recipes that I know have a variable serving size is to have the number of servings be equal to the number of grams. That way if I have 100 grams, I'll log 100 servings. If I have 120 grams, 120 servings. It looks a bit weird in the diary, but it's super-fast and easy when it comes to logging the meal.
  • tar2323
    tar2323 Posts: 141 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I've found the easiest way to deal with recipes that I know have a variable serving size is to have the number of servings be equal to the number of grams. That way if I have 100 grams, I'll log 100 servings. If I have 120 grams, 120 servings. It looks a bit weird in the diary, but it's super-fast and easy when it comes to logging the meal.

I'd tried that, entering 1075 (total weight of food), but thought it wouldn't log more than 3 digits. I've gone back and tried again after your response and saw that I was mistaken, it will take 1075. Thanks so much. I wouldn't have gone back and tried again if you hadn't suggested it as an option.

(Edited for word repetition.)