Accurate calories for this cheesecake?

Options
BattyKnitter
BattyKnitter Posts: 503 Member
edited March 2018 in Recipes
Hello everyone, I am making this cheesecake for my friends this weekend and I was hoping to treat myself to a small slice. I popped it into the recipe builder and it comes out at 220 calories a slice, does that sound right? Should it be more, the recipe itself says 390 so I think something may be off?

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    How big is a slice? If you used the recipe builder and portioned the final product appropriately, you should be fine.
  • BattyKnitter
    Options
    I just realized the cream cheese was way off, it's now at 371 a slice, so I think I'll have just a half a slice!
  • BattyKnitter
    Options
    How big is a slice? If you used the recipe builder and portioned the final product appropriately, you should be fine.

I've never made this cheesecake before so I have no idea how big the slices will be. I think I will cut the entire thing into 16 slices right away, and then half mine.

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Have you double checked the ingredients? Sometimes the recipe builder doesn't match quantities (or even ingredients) correctly. Looking at the ingredients, this looks like a 3k calorie cheesecake if you're not making any substitutions and using whole fat cheese and sour cream, probably in the realm of 2500-2600 if doing lower fat versions. How many servings do you have it divided into?
  • r3488
    r3488 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Weigh the entire cheesecake (subtracting any plate or other "container" so you just get the weight of the cheesecake) and enter the number of grams as the number of servings in the recipe builder. Then weigh the individual slice and enter that number of grams as the number of servings. (in essence, number of servings is really the number of grams). This was a lifesaver for me when I saw another MFP poster mention doing it this way. I can't cut anything evenly. :smile:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

I've never made this cheesecake before so I have no idea how big the slices will be. I think I will cut the entire thing into 16 slices right away, and then half mine.

So how do you know how many calories in a slice, if you don't know how many slices it'll make?
  • BattyKnitter
    Options

So how do you know how many calories in a slice, if you don't know how many slices it'll make?

The recipe says 16

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options

The recipe says 16

If it says 16, then 2xx calouries sounds reasonable.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    For a cake to make 16 slices, it better be 24 inches wide!

I like cake. Small slices are the worst.