Feeling free to speak my truth

Options
Hi again all-

Been battling with my body for 30+ years, finally realize that this is a steady journey (with little mile stones and pot holes along the way) and not a sprint. I have already gained inspiration from some of you all posts, Thank you.

So here is my truth...
Current weight 235
Have tried every fad diet resulting in me losing and gaining too many pounds to count over the years
Taking medication for illnesses that are completely related to my weight

My short term goal
Lose 25 pounds by April 30

Long term goals
Reach target weight of 140 by 3/19
Maintain healthy lifestyle
Throw medicine bottles in the trash FOREVER

Thank you for reading.

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,718 Member
    Options
    You came to the right place! It sounds like you have realistic goals and a good mindset.

The sooner you love your body (the way it is now, what it can do for you, and how you can care for it every day from here on out) the sooner it will love you back.

No negative self-talk and acceptance of slip-ups and errors along the way are key. Good luck! Keep us posted.
  • diahannepatterson
    diahannepatterson Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    jgnatca - my goal for April 30 is 15 pounds not 25 sorry that was a typo. Yes I have a food scale. Thanks for the insight.

BZAH10- Thank you... NO negative self-talk - got it!
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Remember to break things down into individual small habits, rather than one big "diet."
    That will help keep you from backsliding as far. It's alot easier to fix "I started snacking in front of the TV again" and "I need to find a way to stop eating crap when I'n bored " than, "I screwed up and it's not working and I hate this so I quit"
  • betty_veronica4
    betty_veronica4 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Best advice is to remember that each day is it's own challenge. Some days you will kick it out of the park, some days you will get kicked in the *kitten*. Remember that one bad day does not have to lead to a bad week.