Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

What are you reading these days?

Options
ChalkSlinger
ChalkSlinger Posts: 370 Member
Anyone a bibliophile? What are you reading or have you just read? Any good?

Replies

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Atm the woman in the window aj finn, what she knew by gilly macmillan and the good nurse a true crime story. I have gotten (indigo gift card, awesome used book store and library book sale) 60 books in February so my to read pile is very high lol. I mostly read mystery/crime/police/lawyer/horror fiction and history and true crime non fiction. I can read a book a day if I'm not overally busy.
  • Smilin40
    Smilin40 Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Don’t pull lever....*kitten* it I’m pulling it
  • wryone4
    wryone4 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    "The Subtle Art of Not Giving a *kitten*"
  • ChalkSlinger
    ChalkSlinger Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    "The God Delusion" by Richard Dawkins
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    My next book will probably be Thunderstruck by Erik Larson. I bought 30 paperbacks for $35 at the used book store and he threw in a trade paperback, 2 mass market paperbacks and a like new hardcover that doesn't even look like it has been read copy of the Larson because he saw me looking at it.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    My next book will probably be Thunderstruck by Erik Larson. I bought 30 paperbacks for $35 at the used book store and he threw in a trade paperback, 2 mass market paperbacks and a like new hardcover that doesn't even look like it has been read copy of the Larson because he saw me looking at it.

I want to read this, I loved his Devil in the White City, and liked In The Garden of Beasts.

I just re-started reading Catch-22. I first began it probably 30 years ago, but somehow never finished it. My 8th grader recently picked up a copy. He also bought copies of Fahrenheit 451 and Slaughterhouse 5...he was going with a "word + number" theme. I read the other books ages ago, so I figured I ought to finish the Heller.
  • Polishprincess83
    Polishprincess83 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    The Heroes of Olympus series. Spin off of Percy Jackson and the Olympians.... I have a kid. He got me into those.
  • elsayegh25
    elsayegh25 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Cryptography Science .
  • macrologger
    macrologger Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Devil In The White City.
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    The Willpower Instinct - Kelly McGonigal. 3rd time.
    Also reading The Habit Blueprint.
  • orekosi3485
    orekosi3485 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    "Love Out Loud Devotional" by Joyce Meyer
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Another fan of Devil in the White City by Erik Larson. I loan it to friends all of the time and no one likes it, so I'm glad to see others here do.

I am currently reading Chelsey Johnson's book Stray City. It's not my favorite, but it's kept my attention so far.

The best books I've read so far in 2018 are Good Me Bad Me by Ali Land (kind of lowbrow yet creepy & great) and Sam Graham-Felsen's book 'Green'.
  • jamesakrobinson
    jamesakrobinson Posts: 2,149 Member
    Options
    Nutrition labels.
  • californiagirl1969
    californiagirl1969 Posts: 50 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    The Dr. Dubrow Keto Fusion diet book, not that I'm on Keto but I stick to low carb for my blood sugar. And I got this at the dollar tree, so why not give it a read. It has some good advice even if not doing keto or low carb.

And get good with money by Tiffany Aliche, The Budgetnista. Lots of good advice from budgeting, saving to retirement savings, investing. This book is good for everyone.

Where's the up to date link for this topic, I realize this one is old.

Happy New Year 🎉
  • NewGrl64
    NewGrl64 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    To The Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf