Hi! New here

Options
Hi I am new here, I am a female and I am 26 years old. Within the past two years had some health complications and different medications prescribed by different doctors. All in all I have gained 50 pounds in the last two years. This is me getting back to where I used to be. I am down 6 pounds so far. I am exercising every day and moving so much more in general. I was on this terrible pattern where I went to work every day and didn't eat a bite of food until I got home in the evening, around 7pm. Now, although I still don't have an appetite.. I am forcing myself to eat a banana when I wake up and something healthy for lunch so I can get back into a pattern of normal eating. And get my metabolism moving again and working properly. This just started a week ago. I started the app today because I have always heard it is vital to count your calories. I am going to log every day in hopes of this keeping me on track somewhat. I am changing my life for the better one step at a time!

Replies

• Faygetshealthy_2018
    Faygetshealthy_2018 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me so we can motivate each other and stay accountable to one another. I am 31 from Australia and will be graduating in April and have been usung this event to motivate me to lose some weight. I have 15kgs to lose but have lost 5.5kgs since October so it has been a slow process but I am guessing it's my food intake that has slowed my progress. This is my first week on the app and feel totally different and better since counting my calories. Today is weigh in day for me and I am hoping to see a difference. I am bit nervous though.i have also been exercising everday and doing weight training and doing active recovery on resting days.

Would love to be your friend amd good luck on your journey. You can do this!
  • lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and congrats on getting going! Feel free to add me as a friend here! Happy to help support and encourage wherever I can.
  • anisrina
    anisrina Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm not new but I'm restarting my fitness journey. Since I don't have a group I've just recently added a few names here in the app. I've never explored the forum before so Stoll new at the forum section. I gained quite alot of weight following my sisters eating lifestyle.

Feel so bad that I didn't maintain my ground. So I'm back for good. Still adjusting my daily schedule to make it more healthy. Do you workout in the morning or evenings?
  • APU1972
    APU1972 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Good luck in your journey, add if you wish
  • AnnieH_4512
    AnnieH_4512 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Feel free to add me if you’d like!
  • Jordan9211
    Jordan9211 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Great introduction, wishing you the best in your journey.
  • Justn83
    Justn83 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Options
    Hey :)
  • taterfitness
    taterfitness Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! Sounds like you are definitely on the right track and doing a kick @$$ job so far!! Keep up the hard work!
  • Justn83
    Justn83 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Options
    Hey Hey :)