Am I eating enough/overtraining??

Options
Hello everyone:
(5'3)
My more normal weight is around 103-105 pounds, but I currently weigh 92 pounds. I lost the weight in a span of five months recently due to exercising more than my usual. I find it hard to believe that I lost so much weight by just walking at a fast because I know some people run for miles and don't get sore like I do. I also ate more but it seemed to cancel out. I did it compulsively due to stress, but I want to find a balance because before I didn't workout as much. I do feel sore a lot of the times, but don't understand why maybe everybody is different and it's too much for me even though it's not super rigorous. Here's an overview of my situation.

My activity level before:
98-105lbs (1,600 calories)
-Walking around house, lots of walking around university campus, taking the stairs, rarely went out for walks on the weekends
-My 15min cardio and strength/yoga routine

What made me lose crazy weight
92lbs (eating 2,100 calories)
-All of the above plus walking at 4mph for an hour daily and a twenty minute walking session

Now
92lbs (eating 2,100 calories) WANT TO GAIN WEIGHT
-Like my activity level before but still keeping an additional 20min walk

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    How many threads are you making on this?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    You are medically underweight. I would check in with your doctor (if you haven't already) to ensure they're aware of the situation and to make sure there isn't something more serious underlying your weight loss.
  • lilac_bunny
    lilac_bunny Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    What janejellyroll said. There are medical conditions which cause weight loss that need ruling out. There is a good thread somewhere on calorie dense foods
  • dmcnur
    dmcnur Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Completely agree you should see your doctor, esp. to check thyroid function and make sure that it is normal.