Shoes!

Options
I have trouble finding the right running shoes. I’ve had the same shoes for years because they are the most comfortable. What shoes do y’all recommend??

Replies

• pete74horne
    pete74horne Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just started running again and bought Asics GEL as I need cushioned neutral shoes but I would definitely goto a proper running shop and get your gait looked at and fitted for the correct shoes
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Find a running store near you and get properly fitted. I would also suggest taking your current shoes so they can see wear patterns.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    klw_14 wrote: »
    What shoes do y’all recommend??

The shoe that's appropriate for your build, gait and the terrain that you run over.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    klw_14 wrote: »
    I have trouble finding the right running shoes. I’ve had the same shoes for years because they are the most comfortable. What shoes do y’all recommend??

Then why change?

Brand is not important. Getting the right shoe for you is.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    The right running shoes is different for everyone. For me, I have always done best with Asics. Kayanos are great running shoes for me. Go to a store that can fit you and make recommendations, but if you do this it's good form to buy from them.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Shoe models change all the time so just because brand X that you got years ago has been great, it doesn't mean the same brand will still fit the same,