Nando’s!!

Options
What’s the best option when dining out at Nando’s on a diet?

Replies

• bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Another restaurant?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it...
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    This is an excellent post in the stickies for all of your dining out dilemmas.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10213155/a-guide-to-going-out-to-eat/p1
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    As stated in your other thread - whatever you can fit in your calories that fits your dietary preferences.

Are you really looking for people on these forums to tell you what you should order every time you go to a restaurant? That doesn't sound very enjoyable - what if I say to order something you hate? What if I recommend something you have an allergy to? What if I tell you to order an entree, appetizer and wine that comes to about 1300 calories because that's what I budget for restaurant meals - but you haven't banked calories all week, exercised today, etc?
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    If you download the app, the menu has all the nutritional data. I like high protein so I go for the half or quarter chicken with corn on the cob and diet drink. The quarter chicken breast is 274 calories and cost 144
  • AlexaWignall
    AlexaWignall Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    A 1/4 chicken with a caesar salad side is 632 calories. Order the caesar with a chicken breast and its 464 cal. So room for a
    frozen yogurt!
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Leave yourself extra calories through the day so that you can hopefully stay under your calories at dinner
  • pamfin
    pamfin Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Keep enough calories for the Halloumi and Portobello Mushroom burger because the chicken at Nandos is always dry and disappointing.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Tequila.
  • bradcharlessimmons
    bradcharlessimmons Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Had a Nandos yesterday - Half chicken with supergrain, it is so tasty, high in protein and comes in under 600 calories.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    pamfin wrote: »
    Keep enough calories for the Halloumi and Portobello Mushroom burger because the chicken at Nandos is always dry and disappointing.

Nandos must be different where you are, I've always enjoyed it.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    butterfly chicken breast with sweet potato mash and super grain. yum!

nandos website has calorie content.
  • KarenSmith2018
    KarenSmith2018 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I think i had butterfly chicken, supergrains and greens which was lovely. Though it is always a little sad to miss out on Nandos chips because I love them. But that fit well into my 1600 cal allowance at around 500 calories. as others have said all the nutrition information is on the website
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the Nando's hype, but I would just order whatever you want and exercise portion control. Nando's has its nutrition information posted on its website FYI: https://nandosperiperi.com/eat/menu