Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What should I do to help reduce my rib cage and abs?

When I was in my early 30's I had an emergency surgery for my gallbladder. This was before laser surgery was available, so I now have a scar that goes from the top of my rib cage all the way across my stomach and down below my belly button. I know that stomach muscles were cut and that it appears that one side of my stomach looks larger than the other side. I have been doing abdominal crunches to help lose the fat but is there anything else I can do to also tone that area?

Replies

• Lesscookies12
    Lesscookies12 Posts: 140 Member
    I'd reccomend seeing a dermatologist and seeing a doctor about this maybe something corrective can happen to reduce the size of the scar.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    I have a large scar straight across my butt cheek left to right. The top part had more fat then underneath, so I had a big lump. Saw a bunch if docs, but finally a plastic surgeon went in and broke up the scar tissue that was holding the fat in place. I still have the scar, but it’s now flat. Might work for you too.
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Cardio?