Saxenda

Options
Anyone here take Saxenda? My doctor has prescribed it. It's pretty new and there seems to be not a lot of reviews yet.
Looking for any experiences with it that you may have.

Replies

• Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    I don't know anything about it but see posts asking about it every day. Maybe use the search tool.
  • Awoww86
    Awoww86 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I didn't see the search tool before but found it now. :)
  • lshender
    lshender Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    After two years of asthma problems and then a herniated disk, I managed to go almost all the way back up the roller coaster. I've been trying to get back on the wagon, but my post-menopausal metabolism was not participating. My doctor prescribed Saxenda and I've been using it for one week. I've lost 6 pounds without misery. I've had very mild or no side effects, but I know some people are having trouble with reactions at the injection sites. BE AWARE OF THE BLACK BOX WARNINGS. This drug can cause severe or even life-threatening problems with your thyroid and/or gallbladder. I don't have either organ so I'm not concerned, but don't ignore the warnings.
  • W2obx
    W2obx Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have been on it for three weeks lost 22lbs so far. The only real side affect I have had is the burping. If I over eat it is really bad and produces some acid reflux. It does help with appetite control. The first week I had to make myself eat.
  • sthomas0214
    sthomas0214 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I started taking it on 3/16. Major appetite changes and have lost 1lb per day since starting. Also no real side effects. Slight nausea in the evenings around dinner time but it goes away.
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    If you still need to eat less and/or exercise to lose weight with this pill...why cant you do it without the pill?
  • sthomas0214
    sthomas0214 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Because sometimes people have trouble losing weight due to hormonal problems that hinder weight loss. Myself included. Not everyone has the perfect internal system that makes it a "no brainer" as you seem to think it should be.
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Saxenda is a mimetic that helps regulate blood sugar levels in order to supress appetite according to their website.