HELP

Options
What's the best routine to do when only have half hour in the gym?

Replies

• hungryhobbit1
    hungryhobbit1 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    That depends, what are your goals?

If you just want a straight calorie burn, running is the most effective. If you can't run, use an elliptical. Just keep your heart rate up and really challenge yourself for the entire half hour.

If you want to add some strength training, try 20 mins run/elliptical with 10 minutes of barbell compound lifts. (Squats, deadlifts, bench press, overhead press, etc.)

If you can run outside of the gym, use your half an hour for strength training, rowing, and other things that are more difficult to do at home.

If you hit a point where you aren't getting much out of that half an hour anymore (which might happen kinda quickly) switch it up with some higher/lower intensity intervals. HIIT is probably the best bang for your buck with a short time frame.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you are looking to achieve really?

HIIT/Metafit are 30 min sessions if time is the main consideration, or you could do a free weight session.
  • monsoonme
    Options
    plan better so you have more time in the gym if you're really committed. stop making excuses.
  • nathotte
    nathotte Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    It's cause I work with a different group tonight then my normal team and they only get an hour break so just need something for tonight
  • nathotte
    nathotte Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    plan better so you have more time in the gym if you're really committed. stop making excuses.

I normal go to the gym minimal an hour 4-5 days a week, some weeks (most) up to 6 days.... up tp 2 hours at least once a week when I see my trainer