Large weight loss, excess skin and an “Ideal” weight

Options
I started on MFP last April. I was 57 5’4” and 288 lbs.
I’m proud to say
I’m getting close to reaching my initial weight loss goal of 160 lbs
- 96 lbs lost, 34 lbs to go.
The more weight I lose and the closer I get to my goal the more I wonder what my goal weight should ultimately be? BMI says 140 lbs.
I’m having a hard time wrapping my head around what my Body is going to look like at that weight. If got some pretty impressive folds going on now !
It’s not that I’m expecting to wear a bikini - not that there is anything wrong with anyone who is comfortable in their own skin doing that - but I think you know what I mean.
It’s just well, will my clothes fit well despite the excess folds? Lol does everything tuck in?

I am not considering surgery for various reasons.

Am I over thinking driving myself crazy for nothing?

Replies

• nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    OP - @pinuplove is 100% right. The part in the middle is by far the worst - your skin gets loose and flabby and is weighed down more by remaining fat. I promise it will get better, just keep going.
  • MissMaggieMuffin
    MissMaggieMuffin Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Nothing to add to the conversation except congratulations on your accomplishments!
  • kittybenn
    kittybenn Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    I started at about 385 and currently weigh about 180. With clothes on I look great (with collarbones to die for; all my weight is in my thighs). Without clothes on it’s all a bit sad and deflated. But frankly, anyone who is close enough to me to see me without my clothes had better be able to cope with a few imperfections. Or they don’t deserve me anyway!

@ceiswyn Been following your journey for quite some time and you are a total inspiration. LOVE your attitude and congrats on your incredible success!

• ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    kittybenn wrote: »
    @ceiswyn Been following your journey for quite some time and you are a total inspiration. LOVE your attitude and congrats on your incredible success!

Awww, thankyou! *blush*

You’ve not been doing so badly yourself, I’ve noticed :)