Does anyone else find themselves thinking about food all the time?

Options
13»

Replies

• Magemisty
    Magemisty Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm like this too. Constantly thinking about food or what I have eaten. Now every time I see food I instantly start trying to calculate how many calories are in it I feel like I'm obsessing over it. Driving me crazy I just want a healthy relationship with food
  • LadyElectron
    LadyElectron Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I would also like to add that having to feed your family 3 -5x a day makes it hard to not think about food. Plan the food, shop for the food, cook the food, clean up the food. Food food food. Ugh.

girl, this 100%! i feel like my life is spent preparing food for my baby. breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner. get the groceries, clean the food off the baby, wash the dishes. food food food indeed! and I only have one, and I'm not making baby food from scratch or anything crazy, we're talking crackers and cheese!
  • LadyElectron
    LadyElectron Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    ValeriePlz wrote: »
    The constant food obsession has not gotten any better for me over the last 7+ years of losing. :( I try to distract myself, chew gum, or just tell myself that if I'm hungry, then the weight loss is doing its thing.

The hunger and meal obsession can help you plan, though. Planning in advance helps you find good recipes, be thoughtful about eating, and take the time to find the right entry in MFP.

yup. I'm trying to use the hunger and food thoughts as information to help me plan better meals. I think I'm learning that carbs and fiber are much more filling to me than protein, which I wouldn't have guessed based on all the articles and advice about weight loss. still trying to make sure I get enough protein though.