Done this before but still lost

Options
chenie1994
chenie1994 Posts: 32 Member
So I joined today and it just seems like I 'think' I know how I can consistently lose the weight I want because I've lost weight before(gained it back

Replies

• chenie1994
    chenie1994 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the advice. Mindset is my biggest struggle out of all of them but I will try my best to change.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    If you have a "diet" mentality it means you will always be on the lose..gain..lose gain merry go round. Changing the way you eat takes time and dedication! It's a life change!
    Diet (hate this word)
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Start just logging what you eat, accurately and consistently. Take notes on how you feel. Were you hungry all day? Tired or energetic? You'll start to see where you waste calories, what foods fill you up and which leave you hungry in an hour. Tweak from there.

Generally people find it helps to stop spending calories on beverages and to increase the fiber and protein in each meal. You'll need to find what works for you. Good luck!
  • cheripie1
    cheripie1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi Chenie
    Strategies which I intend to employ are:
    log my meals and stay under the calorific count
    minimum 30 minutes per day Monday to Friday
    5 healthy food swaps ie potato for sweet potato
    1 complete denial: Bread
    never be hungry but always snack healthily
    one thing a day to nibble on that i love. Ie. small pack of sweet popcorn under 100 calories
    No exercise weekends if I do is because I want to!
    let's see how I go after a month happy for you to add me :)
  • 1BlueAurora
    1BlueAurora Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    @cheripie1 I think you've got a good plan there!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    chenie1994 wrote: »
    So I joined today and it just seems like I 'think' I know how I can consistently lose the weight I want because I've lost weight before(gained it back

I've gained weight back too. Most people will.

Baby steps - find small changes that can become permanent changes. These will add up over time.