Tuna! What do YOU like??

Options
2»

Replies

• A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I love tuna and would eat it everyday if I could. But I am pretty simple with it and always eat it the same way. Tuna mixed with a couple squeezes of light miracle whip and then mix in some pickle relish. And that is it, so good and not complicated. Sometimes I would add a crumbled hard boiled egg in there.
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Tuna with mustard, onions and banana peppers.

Tuna with spicy mustard.

Tuna with Frank's Hot Sauce

Tuna with cucumber, onions and cherry tomatoes
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Tuna, fat free cottage cheese, red pepper flakes, frank's red hot, little black pepper. Yummy and lots of protein!
  • HacheraTsarine
    HacheraTsarine Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Tuna Creamy Sauce for Pasta :

1 can of tuna
    ½ cup of plain greek yogurt
    Dijon (to taste...I use 1-2 tablespoons)

Mix, chill, serve it over a cup of pasta (add veggies as a side dish if you like)
    Easy, breezy stuff
  • LB2812
    LB2812 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    My tuna is pretty basic: tuna, mayo, salt & pepper, pickles, tomatos & cheese... but my favorite part is adding avocado - YUM :) (and I either skip or use much less of the mayo & cheese then)
  • SailorSarah311
    SailorSarah311 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I like to mix it with the plain 0% Fage Greek Yogurt. It gives it the creaminess like mayo, but is a bit healthier. I also add one boiled egg white, a bit of raw onion, celery, tsp mustard, and a dash of sriracha.
  • Eat2Live2Run
    Eat2Live2Run Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    My go-to tuna recipe is similar to yours with the capers. I usually do: 1 can tuna, 2 tbsp homemade mayo, 1 tbsp spicy brown mustard and some capers. I'm kind of picky about my tuna, there is only one brand that I've found that I like which is at Costco, the Wild Planet brand. All the others I've tried are watery to me, even when drained ... I prefer the flaky drier stuff. Any suggestions of a typical grocery store brand that might be similar for times I can't get to Costco?
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Had albacore loin steak and eggs this morning. Nice change of pace.
  • khannickwechanged
    khannickwechanged Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I always add honey mustard (instead of mayo) and sweet relish, then either make a sandwich or eat it on crackers. Yum!