Weakness for a healthy food

Options
Mine is Avocados....
I craved tacos and guacamole today so I cooked turkey tacos and made guacamole. But it seems like avocados are such a weakness for me. I think I overdo it every time I eat them. How much is too much? I never know if I am eating too much of them. Anyone else have a weakness for a certain healthy food?

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    I love spinach... but I'd say that was a strength and not a weakness :smiley:
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I love spinach... but I'd say that was a strength and not a weakness :smiley:

Cleans me out, which leaves me feeling weak.

There is something up with me and cottage cheese, especially with savory add ins.
  • purplefizzy
    purplefizzy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Oh my.
    Weakness as in cannot live without and experience equal joy?
    ‘Healthy’ as in the Pinterest brigade and the ‘of the moment’ bloggers are proclaiming it the ‘new superfood’? That term is so *kitten* these days in terms of having any real meaning.

Spinach, baby organic .
    Kabocha squash.
    Thinly sliced fennel.
    Crisp tart organic fugi apples from Cuyama Orchards. (I could maybe eat a bushel, whatever that is.)
    Meyer lemons.
    Greek yogurt, the fluffy 2% fage. Only.
    Thinly sliced steak in hot broth.
    Roasted Tofu.

What foods will I sometimes eat for entertainment instead of out of need? All of those.

Protein bars, tho- and not even the ‘glorified candy bar’ sort (detour, premier protein, anything with chocolate coating that looks suspiciously like a candy bar...) but nearly any packaged bar- Clif, Lara, the Egg white no-BS ones..
    It’s protein bars that I have to ask myself: hey, are you hungry enough to make yourself a meal right now?

Sometimes I’ll eat a bar (or even an apple) not because I’m hungry but because I want a party in my mouth.

I’m human, it happens.
    I practice mindfulness in general- and as applies to my intake.
    ‘Oh look, I chose to eat a protein bar at 9pm when I likely wasn’t hungry. Is this cause for course correction or was it a one-off? If it’s happening frequently and I’d like it to stop because it’s getting in the way of meeting my goals, am I willing to give up the habit yet?’

Beating myself up over food decisions feels bad so I try not to do it anymore.
    When I catch myself doing it, I remind myself to get objective and look at it as data.

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Mine is Avocados....
    I craved tacos and guacamole today so I cooked turkey tacos and made guacamole. But it seems like avocados are such a weakness for me. I think I overdo it every time I eat them. How much is too much? I never know if I am eating too much of them. Anyone else have a weakness for a certain healthy food?

Too much is the amount that throws out your calories/macros.
  • caramel827
    caramel827 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Asparagus. I could eat it every day all day! But that’s not a bad thing!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Fresh steamed broccoli. I could eat bowls and bowls of steamed broccoli. Every time I have it I stink up the house with sulfur farts.

• ninjamere1
    ninjamere1 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I love avocados too. I find mixing in lots of milder chopped veggies helps so I still get several bites of it without massive calories. For guac I mix in more diced tomatoes since they are so yummy with it. Or chopped boiled eggs for a protein punch.

My biggest weakness is radish though. I worry I'll eat too much one day and have a reaction lol. I found slicing them keeps me in check.

I ate too much celery one day a couple years ago and triggered an allergic reaction and now can't have raw celery at all. I miss it! I had bad munchies one day and just wanted to chew chew chew and thought I was doing the right thing....
  • ZRunner5Lulaica
    ZRunner5Lulaica Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Avocado is definitely a weakness of mine. Fruits as well (I'll down an entire pineapple or watermelon if I don't watch myself).
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    I don't really have a weakness for any food. I eat what I fancy, when I fancy it, I just make sure it fits into my diet plan.
  • amyteacake
    amyteacake Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Avocado is a big one for me. And goats cheese. I really love goats cheese
  • strongwouldbenice
    strongwouldbenice Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    caramel827 wrote: »
    Asparagus. I could eat it every day all day! But that’s not a bad thing!

Me too! Drives me crazy how expensive it is (in australia, anyway) because I could eat it by the kilo daily
  • ColoradoBringItOn
    ColoradoBringItOn Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Eggs! I literally could eat a dozen over easy fried eggs in one sitting! They are so tasty especially cooked in kerrygold butter. MMMMMMMM!
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    Artichoke hearts. My #1 pizza topping.
  • mortuseon_
    mortuseon_ Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Salmon!! But it is so calorific, it’s not easy to fit in every day in the quantities I would like...
  • Pupslice
    Pupslice Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Tuna sashimi. I'd have it every day if I could.