Skinny fat

Options
Best ways to tone up, is it full body workout or should you consantrate on specific areas.

Replies

• JDixon852019
    JDixon852019 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    If you want to change your body comp you need to increase your protein intake. 1g per lbs lean body mass is a start.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    What's the debate topic?
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    I think most good trainers would agree that full-body is best, or maybe an upper-lower split.
    What's more important is that it's a good program (many programs aren't). Read the pinned post in the Fitness forum for a list of programs. :+1:
  • shaumom
    shaumom Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    The last time I saw this topic discussed by a weight trainer, their opinion was that rather than an issue of working out, it is often more an issue of diet, actually. He saw it a lot with folks who were working out a lot but not getting enough protein - his clients changed the protein intake and continued working out as normal and the fat went away.

Admittedly, this is entirely second hand information and I've done no information, but it might be interesting to research or see if anyone has read about this.
  • ent3rsandman
    ent3rsandman Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    What's the debate topic?

If I'm not mistaken, I think OP wants us to pit full-body vs more bodybuilding, accessory focused splits - as in PPLPPL with a lot of additional work for specific areas.

Both will work for curing skinny-fat as long as you stick to your eating goals and increase the weights according to your program. Pick the one that sounds the most reasonable to you, add accessories for anything that appears to be lacking (in looks and/or strength), and stick with it until you can no longer make progress.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Seems more like a request for advice that belongs in Fitness & Health to me, but whatever.