Lose, Maintain or Gain?

Would you suggest weight loss, maintenance or gain? At 5'5, what would you estimate my current weight to be? m6pylt1b6jwz.png
ox5s9uv7nadl.png

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Do you like your body? What do you want to look like if it's different to how you look now?

It's not really important what others think, but you're fully clothed... In baggy clothes. Kind of hard to determine what you actually look like.
  • Lesscookies12
    Lesscookies12 Posts: 140 Member
    Do what you feel is right for you. You know yourself the best. If you tell us your weight we'd be able to assist you more.
  • DragonHasTheSapphire
    DragonHasTheSapphire Posts: 184 Member
    I think you're between 120-125, in my opinion. If you could give us your weight currently, we could figure things out. I think 120-125 lbs is ideal for your height, I am your height and weigh between 111-113, but after I get enough money to see a nutritionist I'd like to put some weight on with lean muscle so I know I'm on the right path.

Weight wise, I think you should maintain for now. If you want to gain lean muscle mass, then I'd focus on gaining after doing some research on here. **Note, if you want to go on the muscle gain route, don't worry about the scale showing a larger number. Your weight might be going up, the the fat becomes less visible and muscles start to harden up.

I have a little lower stomach pudge that's bothersome, but losing more weight would be unhealthy for me. I have no clue if that's from being overweight in the past or genetics, but whatevs. I store lower back/hip fat too, so if your body stores fat in certain areas it will be quite difficult to rid of
  • saraclark62
    saraclark62 Posts: 41 Member
    Do what you feel is right for you. You know yourself the best. If you tell us your weight we'd be able to assist you more.

5’5 116 lbs
  • saraclark62
    I think you're between 120-125, in my opinion. If you could give us your weight currently, we could figure things out. I think 120-125 lbs is ideal for your height, I am your height and weigh between 111-113, but after I get enough money to see a nutritionist I'd like to put some weight on with lean muscle so I know I'm on the right path.

Weight wise, I think you should maintain for now. If you want to gain lean muscle mass, then I'd focus on gaining after doing some research on here. **Note, if you want to go on the muscle gain route, don't worry about the scale showing a larger number. Your weight might be going up, the the fat becomes less visible and muscles start to harden up.

I have a little lower stomach pudge that's bothersome, but losing more weight would be unhealthy for me. I have no clue if that's from being overweight in the past or genetics, but whatevs. I store lower back/hip fat too, so if your body stores fat in certain areas it will be quite difficult to rid of

The scale says 116... do you think that seems right?
  • Lesscookies12
    You're at a normal weight, but you're really close to being underweight. Do not attempt to lose any weight. I would recommend you eat at maintenance and pick up a progressive lifting program. You can also gain some weight if you want, but still pick up a progressive lifting program. Either or is okay good luck on
    Choosing!
  • Lesscookies12

Yes what's wrong with your weight?? ...
  • saraclark62

I think I look heavier than 116.
  • DragonHasTheSapphire
    DragonHasTheSapphire Posts: 184 Member

Well, if the scale is accurate, then yes, that's right. I think you look perfectly fine, I apologize if my estimate made any matters worse. You are close to being underweight like myself, so please don't try and lose any more weight, it's just as unhealthy as being overweight. If you *feel fat* (like you see some squish in some areas, or you feel like your belly sticks out when you sit, ect. strength training will really help. If you're able, I'd see a nutritionist or a theapist that knows about nutrition to help you achieve any of your goals.)

I've been on the verge of anorexia in the past... I am very, very sorry if you think I am assuming or whatnot, but to me you sound like my old self in the past when I had body image issues.

Like the others and myself have stated, you look great and for sure should not lose weight. Heck, you could gain 10 lbs and you'd still look awesome. :)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Its hard to judge weight in general but even less when based on a few photos... if you are 116lbs at 5ft 5 then you are probably under weight for your height.
  • Lesscookies12
    Its hard to judge weight in general but even less when based on a few photos... if you are 116lbs at 5ft 5 then you are probably under weight for your height.
    It gives her a BMI of 19.3 which falls in the normal range. She is close to being at an underweight range though. Underweight is 111 for her. I think she can either maintain or gain weight if she wanted. I just wouldn't recommend losing weight.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,816 Member

I think I look heavier than 116.

Builds differ, but I'm 5'5" and I think 116 looks somewhat like that on me. I maybe look heavier at 116, even. You're not overweight there, for sure, based on appearance without even taking the numbers into account.

Why worry what the number is? You look great. If you're healthy & feel strong/energetic, you're golden.