Husband calling me fat?

Options

Replies

• Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1054186-depressed-why-is-my-body-starving-myself

OP this is a recent post where you say your husband is deployed and asked for a divorce. What are you trying to get from these threds?
  • jaggerhawks
    jaggerhawks Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    So he broke up your marriage through text, you're not eating, yet you're still worried he's calling you fat? I'm not entirely sure if this is a trolling thread.
  • tootchute
    tootchute Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Shouldn't your husband or anyone's for that matter, love the person who they're with no matter what happens later in life
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    I think both of you need a hug. You are dealing with the throid and he is dealing with losing physical attraction to his wife. My heart breaks for both of you.

What will happen as as you both age? As wrinkles come?

I spoke to a VERY wise and happily married man on this site to learn the secrets of marriage. He said marriage comes down to always putting the other person first. It is unconditional love where you give with no expectation of receiving.

I wish you and your husband the best.
  • VixenArgentum
    VixenArgentum Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    See a counselor. He needs to know that you're serious about how you feel, and he needs someone who is not you that can point out his flaws.

If you try to handle it yourself, it sounds like it may only turn uglier.

If it were me and my husband, I would tell him that I was going to leave him if he kept being unsupportive of me and violating his wedding vows (in sickness and in health). Tell him that he can be part of the problem or part of the solution, and that he's being immature and egocentric. But, I'm a woman who aims straight for the jugular...so a neutral third party would probably be best.
  • demarii06
    demarii06 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm sensing trolling too but in trying to give the benefit of doubt.
  • workoutgirl23
    Options
    My husband is in the military he was gone for a few weeks of his annual training. He did ask me for a divorce, then came home and changed his mind .that is true. i'm not making stuff up.
  • workoutgirl23
    Options
    I'm not a troll. he texted me he wanted to separate. and then he came home, and said he was really sorry and wanted to make our marriage work.
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Michelle if your current profile pic is current than your husband needs a new set of eyes.

I hate it when men, especially a husband, belittle their wife, especially over weight.

You've have health issues.
    You've had two children, what a year apart?
    You are doing a great job to regain your health and get control of your weight.
    Don't let his hateful, hurtful words eat at you; but by all means ... speak up and tell him how he is making you feel. Not by attacking him; but by saying "when you say I am fat I feel _______" .
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I'm not a troll. he texted me he wanted to separate. and then he came home, and said he was really sorry and wanted to make our marriage work.

I took the time to have a read through some of the older posts you have posted. I don't think you are a troll, but from the sounds of it Prozac, Thyroid, Anxiety, being a SAHM with 2 small children, previously alluding to pre-eating disorder possibilites, & the recent divorce statement. It does sound like you have a LOT going on & have for the past 12-18mths.

I'm not wanting to sound critical or harsh, but it may be helpful for you to seek some more professional support/help than just putting these things out there on threads.
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options

2weeks ago your husband wanted a divorce. He came home and changed his mind. Now he is calling you fat.

Still not sure this isn't just for attention.
  • ShannonKN
    ShannonKN Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    You know, I really wish that you were trolling because it hurts my heart to hear that your husband treats you like that. The situation sounds toxic. Please insist on couple counseling to see if there is anything salvageable in your relationship or if it is time to move on. I know that we're only getting limited glimpses into your life here, but what you're describing is not ok.
  • sub10orbust
    sub10orbust Posts: 706 Member
    Options
  • workoutgirl23
    Options
    Sadly its all true. i know i have a lot of issues. i'm not proud of every thing in my life. but i'm not a liar. the only reason i post things is because i'm feeling alone and just want some one to talk to and understand and care. but i never lie and make up stuff.
  • Peachy1962
    Peachy1962 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I would tell him how bad it makes you feel to hear the one you love say hurtful things like this and tell him that you dont do anhything hateful like to him so you DO NOT deserve that treatment and it is Unacceptable!!!

He knows you are working on the lil bit of weight you have put on and it should be NO big deal!!

Good Luck!!!
  • tootchute
    tootchute Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    My friend who is no longer with us was having husband troubles, she told that her husband went over there and changed, so I don't know if that is what happening to you.
  • slim4health56
    slim4health56 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I am hoping this verbal abuse isn't heard by your children. Imagine the imprint your husband's behavior is leaving in their minds...hummm...and where do children learn to bully? From whom do they develop a healthy body image? I completely agree with the other MFP folks who recommend you and your husband get professional help. The resentment you are feeling needs to be dealt with, he needs help, and both of you need to consider how this might impact your children. I'm sure there's lots of stuff going on in your relationship right now...this sounds like the tip of the proverbial iceberg.
  • EniBee
    EniBee Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Uhmmm in your last post u said he just left you and wanted a divorce and you're too depressed to eat. So which story are we suppose to believe?

Great detective work!!!
  • icandowhateveriputmymindto
    Options
    I don't think he really even understands what it means to love someone and be in a marriage with them. It's a vow to be there for the other person no matter what the circumstances. And like the other posters have been saying, you're not even near being fat. This guy is a douche bag. I think the best thing to do is tell him what everyone's been saying and tell him that he needs to be there to support you and etc. I'm really sorry you need to deal with this. You deserve better and that doesn't necessarily mean be with another man. Maybe he'll change if you tell him exactly how mean he's being and how he should be acting. This guy needs to clean up his act!
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    You know, I really wish that you were trolling because it hurts my heart to hear that your husband treats you like that. The situation sounds toxic. Please insist on couple counseling to see if there is anything salvageable in your relationship or if it is time to move on. I know that we're only getting limited glimpses into your life here, but what you're describing is not ok.

This.

You're only 24. You have a lot of life ahead of you. Think about how you want to spend it.