Cheat day became cheat week

Options
Guys I fell off the bandwagon and it’s been a whole week !! I feel ashamed ! I was on my period and everyday I struggle to get back on . Please I need help? How do I succeed ?

I started keto for a month a satop because of headaches now I’m just eating everything and can’t even stay under my calorie limit !

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Maybe don't bother with cheat days again...

Eat food you like in portion sizes that put you in a deficit.

Eat some fruit and veg.

Do sone exercise you enjoy.
  • ilknursahin2010
    ilknursahin2010 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Today is my cheat day but I don’t plan to go overboard but breakfast took 84% of my allowance
  • AllieManc
    AllieManc Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    This happened to me 2 weeks ago but I'm now back with it. Cheat days don't work for me, they trigger bad habits. Hope you manage to get back on the wagon
  • becaholic
    becaholic Posts: 21 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I had a chat day in Feb and I've been messing up ever since. I actually gained 10 lbs back. It's the worst during pms!!!!!!!! It's like I have a craving that I can't satisfy. Sometimes I'll drink water thinking i'm dehydrated but that doesn't work either. Lol see it happens to the best of us! Remember, you can always start again. Everyday is a new day
  • ninjamere1
    ninjamere1 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Just start again. You can't go back and change it so let it go.

Maybe during your period up your calories to maintenance levels for a couple days so you can eat a little more without worrying. Then go back to deficit again.

"Cheat" days derail a lot of people.
  • GetFit4Life2018
    GetFit4Life2018 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I agree cheat days can just set you up for failing. How about a cheat 'snack' instead once a week? Not sure what you mean by the 'cheat day' if that means a full day? It doesn't take much to get your body craving bad things again after a bad day. Take it one day at a time. Treat yourself in other ways besides rewarding with bad food options. There's also some really good sugar free desserts in the freezer aisle that are low calorie and would make for a treat that won't kill a diet. :)
  • xxerniexx
    xxerniexx Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    it happens! in 2015-2016 i lost about 90 pounds from 354.6 to 270! then 2017 came and i ate all the things! i gained all but 2 pounds back in a year!

learn from what happened, try to figure out why it happened so you can better understand next time you may feel that way and then start over tomorrow! add me as a friend, i track daily now. already in 2018 im down 30 pounds! we can do this!
  • JoAnna4731
    JoAnna4731 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    At least it wasn't a cheat month. Good for you for admitting that you went a bit off track - the first step in making changes is to face your reality. Look at it this way - what's the big deal if you gained a pound or two? The worst case scenario is that it just delays getting to your goal by a week. Just start again, and keep moving forward.

I also echo the others who have cautioned against a cheat day - for me, it is a sure-fire trigger to binge eating. Also, during PMS I try to walk more, which buys me an extra 150 calories or so - and usually that is just enough to accommodate my heightened sweet tooth during that time! It also regulates my mood and makes me far less irritable :-)
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    This is why I don't do cheat days. Hear me out... I never deprive myself of anything when it comes to eating, I just make it fit in my macros. If I want Chinese, I eat it and either work out more or eat less another time during the day. Same with chocolates, or treats or whatever. I know I feel better when I eat right and exercise but I also DO NOT have cheat days b/c that can lead to what happened to you.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking it wasn't the cheat day as much as it was trying to do keto. It doesn't work for everyone and it's pretty restrictive. Sounds like you binged because of that. Could be a combination. I have a free day every Sunday, I still log what I eat, I save my exercise calories for it. It works for me, if I'm craving something, I hold off until simday and I have what I want. Right back on the bandwagon Monday morning. Some poeple cannot do this. It's really all in your mindset. Make up your mind that getting healthy is the most important thing for you right now and just do it, don't think about it. Don't plan to start tomorrow, just do it. Eventually it will become a habit and be easier. If you want, you can friend me.