NEW TO MFP! I'm so excited!!

Options
I joined MFP about a week and a half ago. I had a doctors appointment and learned that I had high blood pressure. Instead of putting me on medication right away my doctor reccomened that I diet and exercise and try and bring my blood pressure down naturally. I agreed fully. I've never been the type to pay too much attention to what I ate or if I got any exercise...but I was always miserable and depressed about my weight and how I looked in the mirror. I was too lazy to do anything about it.
So now that I've learned that I need to do something about it, I have started to make changes in my life. I am so excited about them, and I'm really excited about finding MFP. I love this site/support group. It totally holds me accountable for everything that I eat, and when I don't take the time for ME and exercise, I feel guilty. And that, is a good thing. :wink:

Replies

• missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome aboard. Good luck with the blood pressure.
  • MakeLifeBright
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome!! This is a great place to get support. :flowerforyou:
  • MontyWHaggerman
    Options
    Welcome hon.....no matter what happens ...NEVER stop trying.....:)
  • zullo7668
    zullo7668 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started this site TODAY, I was looking for something to track my PROGRESS and this seems like a great site to do just that.
  • asteppaway
    asteppaway Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    One of the reason I workout is because of my blood pressure too! Good luck, it will feel great knowing you're taking care of your body!
  • soccermomopks
    Options
    Hello,

I am new to MFP as well. I am hoping and needing to loose about 90 pounds. I have tried other programs, but nothing seems to work.
  • MouthyMatthewCHANGED
    Options
    Welcome aboard!

I'm relatively new to MFP but I've used a similar site for a number of years and found calorie control to really put me in control of my weight.

It'll be great if you can succeed in managing your blood pressure through diet and fitness as opposed to medication, so well done for starting on the right road and good luck with your progress :-)
  • magrela
    magrela Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi I'm also new to this page and have lost 62lbs on my own and got stuck on my last 25+lbs left, and I have high blood pressure myself but is from my family so all I can do is take my meds and keep up my work.