I finally belong here!

Options
I'm so happy to be officially in maintenance. I hit my goal of 155lbs at 5'11 earlier this week. I'm only really half way to my true goal of being a fit ****, but it's such a nice feeling to finally be here.

Quick history: I started last April when I finally decided enough is enough. I turned 38 last August and set myself a goal of being in the best shape of my life by the time I hit the big 4-0. I've lost 46.7 pounds as of today and I'm in a good weight range. I still carry too much fat in my lower half, so now starts the slow process of recomp, getting fitter, stronger and hopefully lean out some more. I started lifting last August for the first time in my life and I've been able to steadily increase weights despite the deficit, thanks to noob gains I assume, but I'm really excited to see what lifting is like while eating enough calories. I had a dexa scan at 170 pounds that came out at a depressingly 39%, so I still have a long way to go even if the 15 pounds I lost since were pure fat. I had spent a few years before starting my journey extremely sedentary and I guess that is the result of that. Either way, it is what it is and my plan going forward is to slowly bring up my calories over the next month or so to eat at maintenance and lift 4x a week and keeping up with my 10k steps a day. Once the snow melts I want to start hiking and maybe even mountain biking. I think I may need to go back into a deficit at some point to bring the fat down, but I want to give recomp a shot for now.

tl;dr
Lost weight, starting recomp, happy to move to this forum. :)

Replies

• SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,787 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Welcome to our zoo.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Congrats on reaching maintenance :smile:
    The buck doesn't stop here, we just get extra calories and we focus on new goals. It sounds like you have it figured out, so wishing you all the best :smile:
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Welcome.
  • pkweier
    pkweier Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Congratulations
  • me0231
    me0231 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!