Exercising too much with not enough calories so can't lose weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• wfmiller13
    wfmiller13 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Actually I am on the JC rapid weight loss program eating 1500 Calories a day. 5'8" 198.1 trying to lose at least another 30-35 lbs. Their nutritionist wanted me to eat more protein that's why the questions I had. I do feel good and I am enjoying the exercise. I gained an inch in the chest but lost inches in the stomach, hips and butt!! I do worry a bit that I might not be eating enough and wasting my muscles away!!
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    At your size, 30-35 more pounds should be about 25-35 weeks or more....unless you want to lose a whole bunch of muscle. It does, of course, depend on what your goals are, but be careful. If you lose a bunch of muscle with whatever fat you lose, your body fat percentage won't change as much as you might want it to.

Based on your activity level, your deficit seems excessive. I would look more closely at your goals. Your initial loss was mostly water, and you won't lose weight every week even if you do your program perfectly. There are too many variables.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    PixelPuff wrote: »
    wfmiller13 wrote: »
    I just finished week 4 of a 1500 a day calorie diet and I lost a total of .1 lb!! The previous three weeks I dropped a little over 12 lbs but this past week really sucked. Trying like heck to lose weight but maybe I am not eating enough or getting enough protein? For the week I do about 1 1/2 - 2 hrs. a day cardio. 1/2 hr Elliptical followed by 1/2 hour Treadmill and then later on in the day I will do another 1/2 hr Treadmill and also a 38 minute good walk outdoors when nice. Every other day I have a multi gym multi weight stacks where I work out most muscle groups for an hour. What say you?

Based on the massive amount of cardio you are doing, you probably aren't eating enough at 1500 calories, though.

We need to know if they count that number as eating back a portion of their exercise calories. Example, Eat 1800, burn extra 300 for cardio, 1500 in post. Yadda yadda.

And eating too little doesn't stall weight-loss anyway. See above.

One week of not losing is not a stall, and they averaged 4lbs/week the first 3 weeks, so that tells me OP is not eating enough or they would have lost less the first 3 weeks