23 and tired of being fat

Options
Hi, names Alexandra and I've been big all my life, not necessarily fat my whole life, just bigger. I've always been tall and just thicker then all my friends. I was in a bad car accident at the age of ten ( I was ejected from the vehicle) and after that I started packing on the pounds. I dont know if it was puberty or what but I really started to gain weight. By the end of High School I was wearing a size 22. The biggest I've ever been was 330, it makes me sick to think about it. I got motivated last year and dropped down to 280, then had a personal life matter that led to depression and emotional eating. I've shot back up to 300. It kills me to see that number and I can't live like this anymore I need to change. I feel ashamed of being fat and so that makes me hate talking to my friends about working out. I just feel like I'm being judged. I know thats in my head but I still hard to tell someone whos a stick my issues with my weight. I'm just looking for a community where I can have support and see peoples progress. So yeah I'm not really sure how this all works but I'm excited to really give it a go. :)

Replies

• Akkikokoro
    Options
    Ahh good luck! I have faith in you, and if you ever need an encouraging word I would be more than happy to talk c:
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I'm going through the same thing. I'm 24 and at my highest weight of 265. People treat you differently when you're big and I'm tired of being treated like I'm less than human.

48079370.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • twomiddlename
    Options
    Awesome Thanks!
  • harleykat64
    Options
    You can do it....just remember it is for you! I finally put my foot down and told the rest of the world FU I am going to loss weight for me and for the first time I stuck with it! Think of every pound as a personal victory against the world trying to shove you down!
  • amirahdaboss
    amirahdaboss Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    don't worry i feel ya! if you ever feel as though you need motivation just send me a message
  • samuelsson
    samuelsson Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm with you 100% of the way! I'm 5'5" but have always been big-boned, literally. My wrists and ankles are far larger than anyone else's I know! I didn't want to be overweight when I was 23 and now I've just turned 30 and it's finally time to make some changes. Like you, I have a hard time talking to skinny friends or family about any of this. It's hard being The Token Fat Friend.

If you ever need motivation / a person to ***** to, I'm here!
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    23 here and just under 60lbs to go. I was thin for most of my life, even after I got diagnosed with PCOS.. then I got into a bad relationship and shot from 125 to 199 at 5'2. I've fluctuated and struggled with binge eating, PCOS and whatever else for the last 3 years. I'm 180 now and am just tired of being big.

I constantly compare myself to everyone else, need to be put in my place sometimes for beating myself up and sometimes lose motivation. Nobody's perfect, but all we can do is try our hardest.

If you need to chat or want to be friends, message me! Good luck to you!
  • twomiddlename
    Options
    Dude me too. My wrist is crazy big. My bones are huge I feel lol. I wear a size 11 and Im tall. My dad is 6'3 but my mom is only 5'2. Shes tiny but my dad comes from a bigger family. My mom never knew what it was like to be bigger so she always made me feel like there was something wrong with me because of it. She told me that on my second birthday she got me a dress and the sleeves were tight on my arm, she says " that's when I knew you were different" Different from what?? People come in all shapes and sizes and I'm tired of my insecurites that are basicaly my mothers voice in my head. This time it's for me. It's not about pleasing other people, I need to take care of myself and do this for me.
  • Jlennhikes
    Jlennhikes Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    You can do it. Start with small changes, if necessary. Just logging your food is really helpful in the beginning to see where you can change things up and get into a healthier lifestyle. You can change this part of your life, and there are lots of people on this site who have done it who can inspire you.
  • Yazzyjazz17
    Yazzyjazz17 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you!!! :flowerforyou: I'm in the same situation right now also 23 yrs at 280 last time i checked i really don't want to see the scale i think I'm at 300 aswell the worst thing i am short with that weight . Decided to do something about it :bigsmile: determined